SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on the archives that it can be done (without having to go to a mechanic) but nobody really got specific on going about doing it. Can I just jack the car up and drop it from the bottom, or is there a lot of other stuff in the way? Has anyone done this repair? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have heard that it is a total bitch. I did the es rack bushings and I was cussing, but if you got time, and a somewhat warm, or cool garage, you can do it in about a day?

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
466 Posts
I never knew how hard it would be until I looked this weekend and there is little to no room on the driver's side. The tranny is in the way. I would drop the tranny to replace it or the bushings.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
How do you if your power steering rack is shot? Lately, when I turn the steering wheel rapidly, the steering will suddenly get very stiff as though there was no power steering.

When taking fast, sharp turns that require turning the steering wheel more than 50 degrees it can get pretty scary.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the passenger side bushing is no problem, I just used a crowbar and some good wholesome words to get the drivers side bushing in
I would not want to do it again with the tranny in, but at least I know how to put them in the easier way now. (razor blade)

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts