SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, let me see if I have this right. Please chime in and let me know.

First I disconnect the primary from the secondary. Then I undo the nuts on the header bolts. Then I pull the primary away and swap out gaskets.

What am I missing besides going in reverse to finish the job? Will I need new nuts for the header bolts?

Chris
94 se-r

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
purist said:

First I disconnect the primary from the secondary. Then I undo the nuts on the header bolts. Then I pull the primary away and swap out gaskets.

What am I missing besides going in reverse to finish the job? Will I need new nuts for the header bolts?

Chris
94 se-r
You may not be able to move the primary away without removing the EGR tube. IMHO, it's easier to remove the EGR tube from the other side, two (12mm?) bolts. Other than that, you've got it. You won't need new nuts / yokes (fatty washers) uless you break / lose something.

·
Registered
989 Posts
purist said:

Chris
94 se-r
1. Correct.
2. No need to replace the header bolts. Make sure you put some anti-seize on the studs.

Then finish the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts