SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of GR2s for my Classic to finally replace the original struts (157,000 miles). I'm thinking I should have ordered the strut mounts too as I see TireRack recommends doing so (on their site). What's the procedure for inspecting the strut mount bearings for wear? Is it foolish to spend the money on new shocks but use the original strut mounts? I ordered new lower strut bolts from Courtesy - and they should be arriving soon.

strut mounts:

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Hit up Brian at Courtesy, he'll fix you up.

Chances are your original mounts are OK. Unless the rubber bushing pressed into them is cracked/twisted, I'd save your money for something else (four new mounts is about $100).

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
You're getting GR2's, so I'm guessing you're more oriented towards "daily driver" than "national championship."

Rubber bushing squirm won't make a difference unless you're counting fractions of seconds. Reuse the old stockers. Suspension junk gets expensive fast.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Jeff you doing this yourself? If so I'd really like to learn what it intails. I will need to be getting this done myself most likely this summer.

So if you are and you wouldn't mind a noob looking over your shoulder please let me know. I'll see if I can get free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.