SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the easiest way to replace the front left light fixture would be. It's looking like I'm going to have take off the entire front spoiler, but I was hoping there was an easier way...

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yep its a pita. You have to take off the entire front bumper to get to the headlights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I figured as much...hopefully this won't take long...do you know where the bolts are that are holding it on besides the 8 on top?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
You need to remove the plastic fender liner to access them. The bolts go through the front fenders too. I'm sure someone has pic up somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea man, replacing the front light housing is a serious pain, only b/c u hafta take off the front. Its going to take some time. I got into a minor front end accident and had to take off the front bumper of my car, tha majority of tha time was spent jus findin tha bolts. I'm pretty sure theres 2 inside each fender but you hafta take off the walls inside your wheel well, and theres 8 on top and I think 3 or 4 under it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*sigh* Do i need to take off the nose "skirt" or can I leave that connected to the nose? By skirt I mean the piece that connects to the nose that also holds the fog-lights in it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
yup u gotta remove, front bumper cover, bumper reinforcements, the front spoiler. its all a pian esp cause u gotta take the side markers out too because u gotta use those holes and a socket ext to reach the nuts. it sux trust me

·
Registered
19 Posts
yep, its gona take some time, its a smaller car, so its har to reach places.
thanx Santo51, I forgot about tha marker lights. LoL an my right driver side is still off to how could I forget.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yep, its gona take some time, its a smaller car, so its har to reach places.
thanx Santo51, I forgot about tha marker lights. LoL an my right driver side is still off to how could I forget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts