SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my rant. This is a forum created to help people with thier car problems, and give each other ideas of what to do with them, and gererally discuss points of interest. From what I have seen there is more of people shooting down others, calling them names, and basically saying that questions they have asked are stupid. Hate to brake the news to people, but, there are no stupid questions, but a lot of inquisitive idiots. I came to this message board after I bought my car, looking for answers, not "A hole" coments telling people to use the search button. If the thread similar has already been posted, here's an idea, say that. People if you dont have something relative to say on the topic of the thread and just want to as some dumbass coment, dont, post it to your grandma or something.
Poeple are on this site looking for answers, and giving answers to questions, we dont need, stupid, and derogatory coments. Thank you that is all.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i agree...it's ok for someone to say "try searching" but only after they either answer the persons' question or tell them where to find the answer. remember, not everyone is a sr20 genius, nor is everyone computer literate (crazy in this day). keep these things in mind everyone

·
technics professional
2,184 Posts
why would anyone want to deal with a forum that is filled with questions that have been answered a thousand times? there is a search button for a good reason.

if there is no regulation (thank you search nazis) then this forum would be over run with people asking the same question...why? "beacuse its easier to post a question and wait for an answer" rather than just look for the answer, that's lazy.

if you are lazy and working on your car, i'm not going for a ride!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I notice that the people complaining are newer to the site. Those of us who have been here for years and seen the same questions asked over and over and over again, just get tired to seeing it.

·
What next?
290 Posts
According to the forum rules which you should have read, the first rule is to search :eek2:. Take a look.
sr20boston said:
Welcome to the SR20 Forum.

This site is for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts. We have a very diverse group of people from all over the world. There are a number of rules that you must agree to in order to be a member here. These rules are very straightforward, and will be enforced by moderators to the best of their ability. This site is not here to cater to the street racing crowd, it is for true law-abiding enthusiasts.

Please note there is a 24-hour waiting period in which you are limited to posting in a certain area. This rule has been instituted due to the same questions constantly being asked over and over. Please search thoroughly, and you will probably find what you're looking for. It might even take more than a couple of minutes of digging. If you really want to know, you'll look.

It is understood that honest people make honest mistakes. All problems will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Searching is your friend.
Before you post a technical question, be sure you have done keyword searches for the topic you have a question on. Nobody wants to answer the same question over and over again. Most every SE-R question can be answered by browsing the pages on this site, or be found on pages linked from this site. The 3-day waiting period was enacted because people refused to make an honest effort.

No spam or unauthorized vendor postings.
For advertising information, please visit this page. This includes advertising in your signature. Signatures are subject to moderator editing. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Do not hijack threads.
Do not sell or promote anything in someone else's thread if it's not appropriate. Moderators make the call on what is allowed and what isn't.

Don't kill the newbies.
Not everyone is as smart as you. Please be nice to the newer members and give them a fair chance.

No flamewars and personal attacks.
Report a post if you feel this is happening and someone will take care of it. Off-forum problems should not be settled online! This also includes targeting specific people and harassing them.

No post-whoring.

Post in the correct area.
Make an honest effort at posting in the right place. If you are looking for a part, it belongs in the "Wanted" section of the classifieds, nowhere else!

No cross-posting/cross-linking.
Do not post something for sale and then link to it in another section of the site. People know where the classifieds are!

Use the buyer/seller feedback area for rants and raves about users and vendors.
Be sure to check the black list there, so you know who to avoid.

Hateful speech.
Derogatory langauge is not allowed. This includes ethnic slurs.

Adult material.
Do not directly link to pictures that could possibly get someone in trouble at work. Use the "NWS" tag or something like it in the subject line. "NWS" posts are discouraged, but not against the rules.

No excessive swearing.

Respect other forum members.

Do not start threads regarding street racing, politics, and religion.

If you disagree with any what is listed here, please log off and don't come back. The forum is a free and informative resource and abuse will not be tolerated. These rules are subject to change without notice, and by posting on the SR20 Forum you agree to these rules.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
AaroNX said:
I notice that the people complaining are newer to the site. Those of us who have been here for years and seen the same questions asked over and over and over again, just get tired to seeing it.
Very True! When Someody ask a question and I see that they registered in 2005. I give them the little helpful info that they need and then give them the keyword that they can use to find more info.

If the person has been here for a while. I just say SEARCH BITCH :biggthump

Dont complain about people telling you to search. Pretty much any question that you have right now if your new has alreayd been answerd. When you begin to have more technical problems then even most of those have been answerd. When you get Technical enough to Debate with Bigtoe (a forum member {search for his name and youll see what I mean}) then we wont tell you to search when you ask a question!

Us tellin gyou to search is not us being Assholes. Its us trying to show you that in the time that you wasted making the thread with the question that was already answerd. You couldve found 10 answers in 10 different threads using the search button, and it wouldve taken the same amount of time or less.

·
8,886 Posts
mn180drifter said:
Ok, here is my rant. This is a forum created to help people with thier car problems, and give each other ideas of what to do with them, and gererally discuss points of interest. From what I have seen there is more of people shooting down others, calling them names, and basically saying that questions they have asked are stupid. Hate to brake the news to people, but, there are no stupid questions, but a lot of inquisitive idiots. I came to this message board after I bought my car, looking for answers, not "A hole" coments telling people to use the search button. If the thread similar has already been posted, here's an idea, say that. People if you dont have something relative to say on the topic of the thread and just want to as some dumbass coment, dont, post it to your grandma or something.
Poeple are on this site looking for answers, and giving answers to questions, we dont need, stupid, and derogatory coments. Thank you that is all.
Dude, mellow out. Your getting yourself all wound up over people telling you to search a bit about what turbo to use (I looked at your most recent posts/threads). Turbos are a personal choice. No right answer. You should search a little more and then ask more pointed questions. Not just the general question "what should I do". Also, check freshalloy.com and zilvia.net. Both have good turbo info.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
98sr20ve said:
Dude, mellow out. Your getting yourself all wound up over people telling you to search a bit about what turbo to use (I looked at your most recent posts/threads). Turbos are a personal choice. No right answer. You should search a little more and then ask more pointed questions. Not just the general question "what should I do". Also, check freshalloy.com and zilvia.net. Both have good turbo info.
and Mike K's articles.. Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow.... :biggthump

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
mn180drifter said:
Ok, here is my rant....blah, blah, blah, I'm a newb, blah, blah, blah......Poeple are on this site looking for answers, and giving answers to questions, we dont need, stupid, and derogatory coments. Thank you that is all.
Sometimes the correct answer is SEARCH. I give folks the benefit of the doubt if they are brand new. Providing links, and key search terms. I help folks all the time who actually need it. I have very little patience beyond that point.

Laziness is inexcusable. Searching is a forum rule for a number of very good reasons. One of which is that you should learn to search quickly and well for your own damn good. Do you want a fish, or would you like to know how to fish? Learn how to SEARCH and educate yourself from the veritable treasure-trove of information that is already posted.

Guess what? Answering the same lame, non-searching, no0b questions over and over helps NO ONE. It just clutters up the forum with worthless threads for those that follow the rules and have learned to SEARCH. You think I want to go through 500 dumb-ass newb posts about motor mounts when I am looking for information on that particular subject? NO. I want to find the major threads, where this has already been discussed to death, get my own information, and go buy my motor mounts. I did NOT start a new thread when I bought my Prothanes, or any of my other modifications. NONE. I reSEARCHED the forum, found the information and proceeded on my way, spending my money wisely.

Read this thread Mr. Ranting Newb:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=121247

Look at this thread:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=95063&highlight=best+B13+suspension

That is the very first time I brought up my suspension plans with anybody on this forum. NO NEW THREADS started for that very well-sorted suspension set-up. I am possibly the most mechanically ignorant person on this forum. How in the world did I come up with all that correct information? I'll give you exactly one (1) guess. :squint:

When you have 40 posts and have been hanging out since July, you think you are qualified to lecture or rant on how the forum runs? :rolleyes:

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
BigB said:
want some cheese with that whine?
That's great. You guys are right. He has but only 40 posts and can't writre a novel about something alse. :squint:

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
You should of just took it on the chin and searched. Your most recent post can be easily found by searching. Asking redundant questions that we have all seen 100's of times gets old. I thought _SE-R_ was pretty friendly in his post, I've seen worse :rofl: But you took it as a personal assault on your character or something :confused: And started a huge fight with everyone, then you have the audacity to rant about it :rolleyes: Learn from your mistake, and learn to use the search button :biggthump

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AaroNX said:
I got an idea, I got an idea. Dont answer the threads that have post already answering the qustions. You dont have to be an ass, just dont say anything.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
mn180drifter said:
I got an idea, I got an idea. Dont answer the threads that have post already answering the qustions. You dont have to be an ass, just dont say anything.
Once again you thick-skulled newb...I have a much better idea than yours.

Quit starting dumb-ass new threads and then whining like a second grade school-kid because you were told to SEARCH. NO ONE wants to listen to your ignorant no0b rant. You have 40 posts, hang out for two miserable months, and you have the outright audacity to lecture the rest of us on how to behave on the forum? :rolleyes:

In fact, if you had SEARCHed you would have found similar no0b rants. Met with a similarly heated response. :rofl:

·
8,886 Posts
mn180drifter said:

Thats the only real valid point thru all this. Another one of the rules of the forum could be summed up with "Play Nice, Be Nice"

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.