SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To reset the ECU do I just disconnect the negative cable, or do I have to disconnect the positive as well.

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
To reset the ECU do I just disconnect the negative cable, or do I have to disconnect the positive as well.

</font>
Doesn't matter

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey, just do the screw routine on the back of our computer....takes like 10 minutes top! Or you can wait alllllll night to drive your car.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I dunno if the battery thing even really works or not. Get yourself a straight slot screwdriver bit, one of those from a screwdriver where you can stick different sized straight slot or phillips ones in the end. Get on the floor on your passenger side and reach around the back of your ECU and feel for the hole that the reset screw is in. Carefully stick the bit in and turn it one way until it stops (don't remember which way at the moment, little help guys?) (and also be GENTLE with the screw as where it stops isn't very strong) (and this is all with the key on, car off), hold it there for 3 seconds, and turn it back. ECU and codes should be reset.

Damn, Eric, with all these "newbies" on the board we are going to have to make vids of all this stuff... maybe we should do one of the tranny removal as well. Horsepower TV style
with all the lame jokes and crap

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
844 Posts
Actually, Ben that would be cool!

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts