SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my engine light on on my car. I have had this happen to me before. I had the car check everything was fine and they just reset the computer.

Can I reset the computer easyly

·
Registered
424 Posts
there is a tech bulletin that states one of the egr tubes is too small(or big don't remember). But it would trigger the check engine light. It took 5 trips to my dealer for them to finally realize it after I told them thats what it was on the first visit.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsignr:
I got my engine light on on my car. I have had this happen to me before. I had the car check everything was fine and they just reset the computer.

Can I reset the computer easyly
</font>

Yes, it's easy.

The ECU is located in the middle front of the car, in the dash sorta under the radio. Remove the innner kick panels down by the floor and you will see it. You just have to turn the screw. The instructions are on SE-R.net as I'm not sure which way you turn it as it's been a long time since I've done it.

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
194 Posts
you turn the screw clockwise for 2 seconds, then counterclockwise for 2 seconds. this puts you in diagnostic mode, your check engine light will now blink off and on a certain number of times (giving to trouble codes). just turn the screw clockwise again for 2 seconds and counterclockwise for 2 seconds...presto reset engine light....savings $40-70 from the $tealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts