SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So people are starting to ask me questions about the meet on the 14th, so here is what is hapening so far.

The meet will be at Colt State Park in Rhode ISland on July 14th, we plan to meet at or around 12pm. (this time is not definate)

I ahve been talking with the park and they ahve been very co-operative in allowing us special parking etc.

There is no park fee or anything of that sort, this is a BBQ followed by a "spirited" drive. We will have plenty of maps to help people during the drive and as we get closer to the date I will post maps of how to get to Colt State Park.

What I would liek to do is have a list of all people who will definatly be going. So far we have more than 15 Si's with a few other cars, we are hoping we'll have a few SE-R's also. WRX's and S2000's are alos coming, but in lesser numbers.

Darcy
any questions e-mail me: [email protected]
or
AIM - Sirmilton2
ICQ - 45989507

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I am most likely down.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm suprised more of your have not signed up to go, since you were so quick to bash ClubSi, why not come and find out what we are really like. So far we have:

15+ ClubSi members
9+ i-club members (Subaru Impreza)
4+ S2000online members

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey I should be zipping by too.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
***MASS E-MAIL***
for all those who didn't recieve it

Dear New England Car Enthusiasts,

As most of you are aware, members of ClubSi have arranged to have a BBQ/”spirited drive” on July 14th at Colt State Park in Rhode Island. This meet has been on the drawing board for over a month and we are less than a week away. I took the liberty of inviting other car clubs to this event in hope to close some gaps between models and brands. I know that sometimes we can be stubborn and thick headed towards other enthusiasts, especially those who don't own the same as ourselves. Well, I hope that we can come together and enjoy our similarities by sharing our experiences, and our vehicles with all who come. I plan to be at the park for 11am, plan to arrive between 11am and 12pm. All are welcome, and so are significant others or friends. I know that sometimes we omit bringing our significant others, but this should be a fun event for all. (some may also bring domesticated pets*). So that we all understand Colt State Park has been very generous and co-operative in allowing us to use their park and organize an area for us to use exclusively.

There are a few limitations to our arrangements, Colt State Park will not allow or tolerate alcohol beverages. They do not want any form of ruckus from us, be it in the form of burnout's, revving e.t.c. I trust that we are more mature than that, but I'd rather say it and be safe. We will have a few picnic tables, I assume there will not be enough for all people, so I suggest you bring chairs to sit on. We will have one camping BBQ, but if someone is willing to bring his/hers for the day we would appreciate it.

Each driver will receive a packet. The packet will contain maps, name stickers, addresses, and a few other small things. We will supply markers for writing names on name stickers, this is just so that we aren't walking around dumfounded at the number of people and end up shouting "hey you with the blue civic!" This could make things difficult.

The maps in the packet will show you the route's we will be taking to the "spirited drive" meeting point, the route of the "spirited drive" and how to get from the end point to major highways, or wherever we decide to go next. Expect to be at the meet for the majority of the day and expect to go through some gas while on the drive.

We have decided to split food into a few categories: drinks, desert, lunch and plates/utensils. Lunch will be handled by ClubSi, since we make up the majority of the people. Desert will be organized by the S2000online people. Drinks and cups will be the i-club members, and plates/utensils should be left to the few, but fortunate SR20DE club members. I expect the members of each club to organize what to bring separately. If you have any questions, or need suggestions consult me. If you want to bring something special be my guest, I would be interested to know what you are bringing. Remember we need enough for 40 cars worth of people, this is a lot of stuff. If you feel as though your club has too few people to manage all of the assigned category I will request some people bring extra from another club to compensate.

The "spirited drive” means that we will most likely be driving above posted speed limits along roads that are most often curvy, which may cause high levels of adrenaline. If you have serious heart condition, or are an expectant mother the “spirited drive” may not be for you. If you do decided to participate no person other than yourself is responsible for your actions. With that in mind, please keep car sickness pills in your glove compartment for passengers who may experience such sickness. Otherwise we’ll have some fun.

If you have a two-way radio it is a good idea to bring it, this allows us to stay in closer contact while on the “spirited drive.” That said it is not essential to have a two-way radio. If you have more than one two-way radio and are willing to lend someone one of them please bring them. The more we have the better off we are. Two-way radio’s may be purchased at a small price from your local Radio Shack. A good 14 channel two-way radio from Radio Shack should cost about $50, this is ideal.

If by some chance we have unexpected rain after our BBQ the spirited drive will likely be canceled, but fear not for the meet will continue and we will go 10 pin bowling. This will cost money, so be prepared for about $20 for that.

If you have any questions or comments please e-mail me. Please include your real name and screen name so that I know who I am talking to. If you would like to know if people from a different club are coming from your area and would like to drive to the meet with them e-mail me your general location and I will see what I can do about getting you in touch with others en-route. All that is left for me to say is I hope nothing goes wrong, and pray for good weather. I hope to see you all there.

Darcy Stalport

AIM - Sirmilton2
ICQ - 45989507

* PR3-a: No person shall bring into a State Park any animal unless under control at all times on a leash of not more than six feet (6') in length.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Come on SR20 owners, lets hit this thing up. It should be pretty fun.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah I'm there. Chalk *one* up for the SR20 owners, now can I get some more guys up there. This i'll give you a good chance to hang out and shoot the **** with some new and probably cool guys.... See ya on Saturday boys!!!!

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'll bring plates....anyone else?

------------------

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you don't know how to get there take a look. It CAKE to get to. Take a spin over!

http://www.oso.com/recreation/guides/p-colt.html

Hope to see some of you guys there.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts