SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
How in the world can you mistake a 3rd gen RX-7 for a civic? You have to be some sort of....Honda ricer
(you all thought i was gonna say idiot! so there!)

they were messing with THAT? in an automatic? OMG! civic ricers disgust me!

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, I don't know how you could possibly think that an Rx-7 looks anything like a civic. That's just stupid

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The guys at Club Si think this is a Civic</font>
Do you have the link to the thread where they thought this? Even the freakin *.mpg says it's a RX-7 and I am betting it is owned by a guy named Chris. But that is just speculation. I don't know how I could have assumed that!

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
you all are missing it. they think the car it was taped from(doing the flyby) is a civic but its a b14.

M

·
0 Posts
If anyone knows anything about a civic, a b13 or b14 you can tell what it is from the dash in the video. HELLO!! Do we really drive SR20DE cars in this forum or are we all just fakes? I know i'm not.

-----------
94 SE-R; HKS cat-back, HS Header, JWT POP, a few other goodies.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
OK. Now it makes some sense. I had a '91 NX2000 and currently drive a '96 G20. I have only been in a B14 once, so it caught me off gaurd!

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was saying. The guys on Club Si thought it was a Civic, but I knew it wasn't the first time I saw it. No one knew what kind of car is was, and I was not about to tel them.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sakerocket1:
you all are missing it. they think the car it was taped from(doing the flyby) is a civic but its a b14.</font>
ooooooh...my bad

·
Registered
98 Posts
if its a B14 it may be a sentra.. i know for fact it is not a B14 200SX, and i actually think it is, indeed, a civic

i site this as evidence:
the B14 200SX dash curves down more sharply than the civic, plus if you look in the very first few frames of the video you see where the center vents buldge out

in the 200SX they are flush with the contour of the dash

i studied individual frames of the video and compared them to a picture of the interior of my gf's 97 200SX SE-R and my mother's 2000 civic hatch
it matches the civic much more closely

now that i listen closely.. it sounds alot like a D-series honda engine (trust me, i know the sound very well.. i have about 35,000 miles in my 89 integra, which has a D16A1 engine in it)

------------------
Shawn
-----
current car(s):
1989 Acura Integra LS
1997 200SX SE-R
1973 Super Beetle

Next car:
AE86 Corolla GT-S or
S14 Nissan 240SX (16V DOHC, not 12V SOHC)

[This message has been edited by shadowboy (edited 09-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by shadowboy (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
98 Posts
6th gen civic has the defrost vents in the same place.. and is just like that
freeze the clip in the first few frames and look in the lower left corner

you will see how the dash curves out to where the climate controls are on a civic

plus the engine happens to sound ALOT like a small honda.. if anyone wants to hear clips of my DOHC D16-powered integra to hear the similarity in the engine tone, feel free to IM me on AIM, SN spam607

------------------
Shawn
-----
current car(s):
1989 Acura Integra LS
1997 200SX SE-R
1973 Super Beetle

Next car:
AE86 Corolla GT-S or
S14 Nissan 240SX (16V DOHC, not 12V SOHC)

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
ok...now that i'm not the only one who thought that the car doin the flyby was a civic too....

i saw the dash as well and it looks awfully similar to 3 of the civics that my very close cousins drive. I figured that ricer drivers may be so ignorant as to not know what an RX-7 is :p

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts