SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know how was the ride comfort on this combo. Thanks

TurboSentra
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ(not installed), HKS TURBO TIMER(not installed), JWT
ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe, HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, Rota rims 17x7.5
AGX'S struts and Ground Controls waiting to be put on<------ am hoping today!

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
What's up Turbo, I had asked Jon at RosenAutoSport about this combination while my cams where being installed. If I remember correctly Jon said, That coilovers are the way to go for suspension upgrades and that GC was about the best you can get for street application, But the ride is a little rough. That seems to be the general opinion I have been getting about upgraded sport suspension, But I personally think that comes down to what you are going to use your car for. My G20 doubles as a family car, and recently I had similar questions here at the Forum, and I think for now I will be going with just the AGX until my girl get a car of her own. If you want an experienced view on the ride and installation I would advise giving Jon or Joe at RosenAutoSport a call or E-mail them. www.rosenautosport.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool. I going to have to mine some put my in tomorrow. I was about to go to there shop today but they were not open.We will see what happens! Right now i have sportline springs and just Kyb. Its so hard on my car. So I want to try with they setup.I hope it's better then the setup I have now.BY the way were you in norfolk????

TurboSentra
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ(not installed), HKS TURBO TIMER(not installed), JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe, HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, Rota rims 17x7.5
AGX'S struts and Ground Controls waiting to be put on

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
I'm in Hampton, Yeah they install the AGX/GC set all the time. Jon or Joe should be able to tell you all you need to know. Hey tell em
Nigel sent you. Let me know how things turn out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brother-in-law has that set-up in his sentra, (sportline&kyb), but if you think that is rough...well..it gets rougher with the G/C's. My friend has the G/C & Koni, needless to say the car handled great! On the other hand, you don't want to ride in his car for more than 15 min's...unless your driving!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mike's$800SE-R (edited 01-01-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I may be out of line here, but I think that sometimes a car will ride BETTER with stiffer aftermarket springs when you also have aftermarket shocks. It seems to me the AGX and Tokiko shocks (the 2 I have experience with) are valved rather aggressively. With stock springs it seems to be overkill. When I replaced the stock springs on my old 280ZX with Eibach Pro-kits, the ride went from harsh to fantastic with the Tokikos. Those springs seemed to be a better match for the Tokikos than the stock ones I pulled off. I hope the same thing will happen when I do the GC coilover setup later this year with my KYBs. Anyone else experience this?

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guy!!! Whats up! I just put my AGX's/GC on yesterday. So far they ride pretty good. I Havent had time to test them out. BUt as of right now no problems. Its just in the rear is making alot of noise . Does it suppose to be like that?? in the front there is no noise at all. Any info?

TurboSentra
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ(not installed), HKS TURBO TIMER(not installed), JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe, HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, Rota rims 17x7.5
AGX'S struts and Ground Controls finally one my car

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK i went to take my car for a drive. It sounds like the top mount of the ground control is loose on my passager side rear. Everything else seems fine. Any info from anyone?

TurboSentra
AGX'S struts and Ground Controls finally one my car

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take everything back!! I hadn't been in my friend's car since he got them first put in. We went to the races yesterday, and the ride was incredible!! I asked him if he had done something else to the suspension, he said no why. Well boys and girls, needless to say after a full night of spanking honda transplants, I ordered that same setup for my car!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike's$800SE-R:
My brother-in-law has that set-up in his sentra, (sportline&kyb), but if you think that is rough...well..it gets rougher with the G/C's. My friend has the G/C & Koni, needless to say the car handled great! On the other hand, you don't want to ride in his car for more than 15 min's...unless your driving!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mike's$800SE-R (edited 01-01-2001).]
</font>

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The SE-R list archives has the info of how to quiet the GCs. www.se-r-list.org
I don't have the setup so I don't remember the details.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts