SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Revolutionary
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a spoiler at the junkyard some time ago and haven't gotten to put it on yet, trying to figure out the best way to do this, and to add to that one of the bolts came out of it, the two clips on the edges are broke too but I'm sure I can replace them, so my question is has anyone put a spoiler on a nx that didn't originally have one, how do I go about matching it up, and any other info you can give me would be much appreciated, Thanks Josh

·
Registered
493 Posts
I say leave it off. I am not a fan of the little spoilers on a car. I shaved mine off and just tossed it (it was cracked anyways). You will have to drill in the deck lid so first thing would be to remove the trunk hatch trim. Then line up the spoiler and mark where the holes will be drilled. It should be pretty easy.

But either way... I still say... leave it off.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm a fan of non-spoilers as well, but here's an idea, just incase you want to take it off for the future, i got the gringer and cut the bolts off and got rid of the clips.

Get doublesided tape and stuck the spoiler down, and got bored of it after a month and removed it with no damage what so ever.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That is a good suggestion... do that! You can see if you like the look and take it off easily without ruining your paint. Make sure you get the good 3M tape though... or you might lose some paint along with the tape when you peel it.

·
Revolutionary
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might try that, but I'm not worried about ruining the paint, it already needs a paint job, thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
the smoother the better... i think the spoiler is a bit to much on nx coupes. unless it's one of those (what we call in Aus) a GT wing or T wing.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
i say if you got it, keep it, if not the double sided tape idea is great. my 3 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts