SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my HS header and all is good. I'm happy w/ the performance it gave me. I just have one complaint. During half throttle to full throttle, it makes this ringing sound, and it could get pretty loud at WOT. Just wondering if this was normal or not. TIA.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
a ringing sound? well, i don't think mine had that kind of noise, but it did sorta make a sound. more like a clicking or chirping, if you will. but now my exhaust drowns out that noise. does it only make that noise while driving or is it also present @ idle w/WOT?

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

[This message has been edited by Stiletto (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
did you remove the bracket that the stock exhaust manifold bolted to (the bracket that comes out of the dogbone mount)?</font>
I don't know which one that is. The only thing I didn't remove was the piece of metal right before the cat converter, that uses the rubber hangers. I'll double check everything.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a "ringing noise" from my newly installed HS header. However, I almost positive it is from a leaking catalytic converter gasket closet to the HS down-pipe.

------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, PR CAI, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a "ringing noise" from my newly installed HS header. However, I almost positive it is from a leaking catalytic converter gasket closet to the HS down-pipe.

------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, PR CAI, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts