SR20 Forum banner

What spring rates and drop height?? (Select 2!)

• 275 Front 200 rear spring rate

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 350 front 300 rear spring rate

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 1.25" front and 1.5" rear drop

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 1.25" front and 1.25" rear drop

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Round 2 here http://sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=189333

payment info:

I will accept money orders or paypal.
Paypal can be sent to [email protected] If you are paying through paypal please be sure to add to your payment the 3% fee they charge.

Money orders can be sent to me at:
Robert Roys
1884 Lakeland Dr
Finksburg, MD 21048

When sending payment please be sure to include the following information:
First & last name
Forum name
Full Shipping address (include whether it is a business or residential address)
Company name if the shipping is to a business address
E-mail address
home or cell phone numbers.

If anyone has any questions I can be reached at 443 536 6728.
Thank you

Also, seeing as I have access to a spring compressor and air tools at my house, I can offer installation assistance to anyone living close enough to take advantage of it.

Specs:
Drop height -
1.5" front
1" rear
But this can vary slightly depending on your car.

Spring Rate:
Front - 325
Rear - 250

The president of the company himself told me that if anyone is not 100% satisfied with these springs, they can get their money back.
This spring also comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty against defects and failure, and they do not require it to be installed by a professional.

BeastieBerge said:
It took me an hour and a half to do the entire install.
The Drop looks good and it rides nice. The springs are stiff. Stiff enough, but not too stiff. Car doesn't lean but my back doesn't hurt when I get out of it. I used to have an SER with an ES master kit, Suspension Techiques sway bars, front and rear strut bars, and a lower control arm brace. My NX's suspension is stock except for the springs. Both had 40 series tires. I'd say my NX handles slightly better than the SER did.

Benito Malito said:
These are plenty stiff. Exacty as advertised. They are nicer than GC because the noise is elimenated. They are a bit too low, but it looks so good. they are the proper stiffness and it is not at all harsh. They are way better than Eibach sportlines, H&R, and e-bay dogisht springs. This is no imposter spring.

Hyperco the only one comparable and sit a bit higher. Good luck getting a set for less than $330 shipped. Even used.

With AGX which is the most common choice they run just fine, even when they bottom out. Which they do when you really kill it. It may dog leg going into gas stations. I get a kick out of this.

My suspension has whiteline lower bar, cusco upper, and es on everything except the steering rack. I also has a nutech rear sway bar, with shigpseed brace, and the AT rstb. So its pretty stiff for a b13. I have 195/50/15 with 512 ziex falkens. They RM's hold their own with this set-up. I'd buy another set with my next SE-R.

I reccomend grabbing up shortened Koni's for this spring. That would be the hot-shti set-up. Plus the blue will look cool on yellow. I'll know soon for sure.

There is a company near where I live that has been manufacturing springs for almost 100 years now and has just recently branched off from the industrial and military applications and has started making performance springs for automotive applications. I have been talking with the president of this company and have come to the conclusion that we will be able to offer a competetive spring at a good price for the B13 Sentra and NX2k.

Since this spring is custom made and tested for a specific application, it will be of much higher quality then mass produced performance springs (iE eibach, Tein, HKS), and is a little more affordable then most other custom made springs.
These springs are made of high quality, high tensile chrome silicon spring wire and then double shot peened and powder coated. They are manufacture to very close tolerances, and I will be working with the company to insure that these springs will be the best performing springs that you could get for your car.

This group buy will be able to move forward with as few as 10 people but the price gets progressively lower as we get more people joining in .
$225 + shipping
Post up your zipcode for a shipping quote.

Since this groupbuy can go on with as few as ten people I beleive that it should only take 8 weeks (and hopefully no more than 12) to get the neccesary number of orders and the ship date for this groupbuy will be tentatively within one month after the order is put in, as these springs will be custom made.

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I forgot to mention, my car will be the one that all the R&D is being performed on so we will be able to specify ride height and spring rate.
We will be making these springs to give the car the best stance and handling while sacrificing as little driveability as possible. These springs also come with a full warranty against failure.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I would start this one the spring rates are established and the ride height. Also, keep in mind that there are the Hyperco brand springs that were custom designed and many have jumped on those so it might take some work to get the numbers for your GB. Good luck on this and I can't wait to see what you come up with on this new product.

Brent

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hyperco group buy seems to be dead in the water. No communication for weeks on whether they have any sets left for the B13 so he may get some people there. I know I am interested and will jump on the hypercos if I can, but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I won't commit to buying a set though until I know more about what I'm signing up for. I want a good compromise like the hypercos, not a rough riding spring that is going to lower my car too much. I'm also not sure I can wait 4-5 months.

·
SR20 Racer/Tuner,Gamer
641 Posts
wickerbill said:
Hyperco group buy seems to be dead in the water. No communication for weeks on whether they have any sets left for the B13 so he may get some people there. I know I am interested and will jump on the hypercos if I can, but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I won't commit to buying a set though until I know more about what I'm signing up for. I want a good compromise like the hypercos, not a rough riding spring that is going to lower my car too much. I'm also not sure I can wait 4-5 months.
We are waiting on the specs of these springs thanks:D

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coach said:
I would start this one the spring rates are established and the ride height. Also, keep in mind that there are the Hyperco brand springs that were custom designed and many have jumped on those so it might take some work to get the numbers for your GB. Good luck on this and I can't wait to see what you come up with on this new product.

Brent

I hope that the price will speak for itself in this GB. I spoke with the owner of the company and he assured that these springs will be as good if not much better then the Hypercos. These springs also do not need settling time. Once they are on what you see is what you get.
The problem is, I can not my time and my car to this untill I have at least the minimum amount of paid orders. I beleive that these springs will come out on top (or at least tied for first) when you consider all the options. As I said, I myself will be personally lending my car towards R&D so we will make sure that these are the highest quality, best riding springs that we can get.

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NX 2.0 said:
We are waiting on the specs of these springs thanks:D
Thats the beauty of this, Theses will be built to the specs that we want.

I was thinking of a 1.5" drop in the front and 1.25" drop in the rear then 275 front and 200 rear spring rate. that will be just a hair softer then the hyperco's in the front, and still much much better then eibachs...but as I've said, these will be for your guys cars too so if anyone has suggestions shoot em out, but otherwise those are what the specs will be.

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
wickerbill said:
I will do all I can to keep this GB alive. I really see no reason why it should take anywhere near that long as long as I can get enough interested people (hopefully the price will entice some people to join in), but seriously that hyperco group buy has been going on since november I beleive. I am hoping this one will not take long. :biggthump As I said before these springs also come with a full warranty and I beleive that they will be well worth the wait.

·
SR20 Racer/Tuner,Gamer
641 Posts
robchaos19 said:
Thats the beauty of this, Theses will be built to the specs that we want.

I was thinking of a 1.5" drop in the front and 1.25" drop in the rear then 275 front and 200 rear spring rate. that will be just a hair softer then the hyperco's in the front, and still much much better then eibachs...but as I've said, these will be for your guys cars too so if anyone has suggestions shoot em out, but otherwise those are what the specs will be.
Ok i'll check what the others will say but i was thinking of maybe harder like the
350 front 300 rear but it may be too stiff ??
Im racing my car and drive it on the street but i want stiff handling
i have Eibach pro kit its a little soft but was really happy
Eibach pro kit are
Front--------------Rear
148.5 ------------68.5-159.9
1.20 1.20" drop

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
NX 2.0 said:
Ok i'll check what the others will say but i was thinking of maybe harder like the
350 front 300 rear but it may be too stiff ??
Im racing my car and drive it on the street but i want stiff handling
i have Eibach pro kit its a little soft but was really happy
Eibach pro kit are
Front--------------Rear
148.5 ------------68.5-159.9
1.20 1.20" drop
Wouldn't be too stiff for me, but as I said before I'm only driving my car not everyone elses. The drop height doesnt matter as much as the spring rate and I like the idea of a 300 for the rear. I want to pitch our specs to this guy sometime either tonight or tommorow so I can get this all going but I will post up a poll real quick and whatever it says at the end of the night I am going with.
Also I think we should probably go with constant spring rate for the front and rear like stock, not a progressive for the rear like the eibachs.

·
SR20 Racer/Tuner,Gamer
641 Posts
robchaos19 said:
Wouldn't be too stiff for me, but as I said before I'm only driving my car not everyone elses. The drop height doesnt matter as much as the spring rate and I like the idea of a 300 for the rear. I want to pitch our specs to this guy sometime either tonight or tommorow so I can get this all going but I will post up a poll real quick and whatever it says at the end of the night I am going with.
Also I think we should probably go with constant spring rate for the front and rear like stock, not a progressive for the rear like the eibachs.
Yes you are right progressive spring in the pro kit rear i found them too soft in the rear for the first inch travel i prefer constant spring;)

Ther is a small error on your pole
1.25" front and 1.5" rear drop

Im sure you mean
1.50" front and 1.25" rear drop

Talk to you tomorrow about this setup of spring

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NX 2.0 said:
Yes you are right progressive spring in the pro kit rear i found them too soft in the rear for the first inch travel i prefer constant spring;)

Ther is a small error on your pole
1.25" front and 1.5" rear drop

Im sure you mean
1.50" front and 1.25" rear drop

Talk to you tomorrow about this setup of spring
Thank you for pointing that out.

I hated the feel of the eibachs too. I did not like the progressive rate feel of the rear.
I myself would prefer a stiffer spring but a lot of people are worried about driveability and I have to go the way that gets me the most people for the group buy.

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
i voted 1.25 f and r. would have voted 1.5 f and 1.25 r if thats what the vote was.
i've got the hypercoil/agx combo with the agx's set on 1f 2r....i love the setup, but would like it a lil more stiff, so i voted 350f 300r spring rate...good luck! wont be changin any time soon though.

·
Big kid with gray hair
1,616 Posts
Keep in mind when you start reducing spring height, the spring rate has to go up to accommodate the loss in travel. The strut valving should also be address to match the spring rates. (ie you need to test with the ever-popular AGX) Rather than have a poll, I'd contact some of the suspension gurus on the forum directly and get some real input on the matter. 2 cents.

The pricing is good. If you get the engineering right and the manufacturer can deliver, you're going to sell a lot of these. Good luck and thanks for making an effort for our forgotten cars.

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hammerin Hank said:
Keep in mind when you start reducing spring height, the spring rate has to go up to accommodate the loss in travel. The strut valving should also be address to match the spring rates. (ie you need to test with the ever-popular AGX) Rather than have a poll, I'd contact some of the suspension gurus on the forum directly and get some real input on the matter. 2 cents.

The pricing is good. If you get the engineering right and the manufacturer can deliver, you're going to sell a lot of these. Good luck and thanks for making an effort for our forgotten cars.
I am lending my car for the testing, and I have a set of KYB AGXs sitting in my garage as we speak, naked and springless just waiting to be put into use. I am not planning on having these springs slam our cars to the ground. I would like them to be well handling and functional. If someone wants their Sentra or NX scraping over speedbumps they can just cut off a couple coils.

I went about the poll the wrong way I should have just had the options as
1. stiffer feeling than hypercos
2. the same as hypercos
3. softer feeling than hypercos

seeing as hypercos will pretty much be the only comparable spring to these.

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright well it looks like so far stiffer springs are winning.

All I need is 10 people ready to pay initially to get this GB rolling and then I will take my car over to this company and have them get started on things and hopefully more orders will roll in soon. If you want in on this GB just post up saying so and I will work on getting some paypal info up here as soon as I talk to the guy tommorow and tell him what specs we're looking for.

·
Big kid with gray hair
1,616 Posts
robchaos19 said:
I am lending my car for the testing, and I have a set of KYB AGXs sitting in my garage as we speak, naked and springless just waiting to be put into use. I am not planning on having these springs slam our cars to the ground. I would like them to be well handling and functional. If someone wants their Sentra or NX scraping over speedbumps they can just cut off a couple coils.

I went about the poll the wrong way I should have just had the options as
1. stiffer feeling than hypercos
2. the same as hypercos
3. softer feeling than hypercos

seeing as hypercos will pretty much be the only comparable spring to these.

Okay. I vote #2, then. Why mess with success? At the prices advertised, you'll have a winning combo. If hyperco can't deliver in a timing fashion, tough titties for them.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.