SR20 Forum banner

Would you be interested in a SE-R vs SRT4 shoot out?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to see how much interest there would be in a SE-R vs SRT4 Shoot-out?

This would be a track event similar to the SE-R vs Honda-Tech shout-out last year.

So who's interested?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Do it! It'll be good times for everyone and we'll get to seesome badass cars where they're meant to be, on the track! Be kindalike the old se-r vs. DSM battles from 5-7 years ago.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wish I could join in on the fun! Theres a couple of SRTs here on GUAM that talk smack, but they don't want to race me :rolleyes: I think the best time that a SRT (on GUAM) did was a 13.9?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't be able to participate (partly because I live in Ohio and mostly because my car is weak :D ), but I would definately enjoy seeing something like this take place.

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Let's make this happen Thomas. Should be fun. Cal Speedway is a better venue than Palmdale. If you talk to the people that coordinate the NHRA Street Legal Drags program, they can make the SE-R vs. SRT a feature of that day. More than likely we could get more runs in and we would wait less time between runs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SER96VPEC said:
Let's make this happen Thomas. Should be fun. Cal Speedway is a better venue than Palmdale.
Well I was gaging interest in a Open Track shoot out.
However, I don't think the local SRT4 guys want to Play

If you talk to the people that coordinate the NHRA Street Legal Drags program, they can make the SE-R vs. SRT a feature of that day. More than likely we could get more runs in and we would wait less time between runs. Just a thought.
Looks like that will be the only way we'll have one as I just don't see much interest from the guys on the SRT4 forum.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
from srt forum: "Second, Road Racing is far more based on driver skill vs. driver skill than car performance vs. car performance. I thought this whole thing was about Car Vs. Car."

excuses excuses.... what this is about is racers vs. ricers. We have the racers and sounds like they have the ricers! Aight, I'm just messin! :) Even if they don't want to have a shootout, we should invite them to go watch the track event during the convention. Everyone has to start somewhere!

As a side note, the original se-r vs honda shootout was suppose to be against Clubsi, But they ARE a bunch of ricers and wussed out so Honda-tech stepped up. Might want to let the SRT guys known that they might be branded like clubsi, might give them some motivation :) Maybe push it back a year for a shootout? It'll give the SRT boys plenty of time to upgrade and gain track time.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
Wow, is it me or do they like to talk about how fast their cars are, but never want to prove it?

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Blair said:
Wow, is it me or do they like to talk about how fast their cars are, but never want to prove it?

It definetly seems that way doesn't it. Maybe they should realize that their cars handle somewhat well and actually drive them on a road course! ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts