SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was just thinking about a post i read but i cant remember much about it, do your engines not come with roller rockers stock? all our n/a engines here do, from the 1.8 to the 2.0, its all exciting stuff, so yeah, no roller rockers?
chris

------------------
primers its where its at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wait, so what year did they start putting the roller engine in all the primeras over there?

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, B15 engine, PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am wondering because I got a JDM motor a few months ago, and it is a roller engine.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, JDM Roller Engine(B15), PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
every jap-spec primera has roller rockers also bluebirds too in every SR version SR18Di, SR18De and SR20De they all are killer engines too, and all have gold rocker covers. although some primeras of the same year also had silver/brushed aluminium covers and all have the intake manifold coming from down low, where as the gold ones have both high and low. the 1.8 has the same exhaust and intake pattern as its 2.0 versions. a common easy mod is to put a exhaust manifold from a 2.0 on a 1.8, and to be straight up you would never tell the difference if you went from one engine to another, the 1.8 is a real good option sure its not a SR20DE "giant killer" but man straight up it is right up there with the rest and the SR18Di with the intake baffels removed (bout 10 litres worth...) it has one hell of an induction roar, i mean one hell of a horny sound, and with a good exhaust, not the sort you guys use but a proper competition exhaust (tuned length) it will easily become competitive, expecially on the open road, heck i wish you guys could hear one of those Di's tuned really well, awsome sound, only a single point injection but they get a hell of a lot more air through them ill post a pic comparing them eh
sweet well ive taken up my space for today i think eh

chris

------------------
primers its where its at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
But do you know what year they started using the roller engines? I know that 2000 was the first year they did over here. Just wondering.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, JDM Roller Engine(B15), PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have a roller rocker complete head for sale?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts