SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first post from Japan.
There have been many great discussions on this forum for a long time, and I am very impressed.

Now for the main topic. I tried to read ROM data from an ECU with a daughter board using NDS (NISSAN DATA SCAN) the other day.
The daughter board is a classic one with two 27512 ROMs.
However, it failed to read the ROM, and sending a command (0xC9) from the serial terminal returned an error code (0xFE).

Perhaps this is a known fact to you, but is it not possible to suck out ROM data using the Consult System?

I tried to send the command about 250 ways, but only 0x54 showed a different behavior.
Example (reading address 0x8000):
Send: XX 0x80 0x00 0xF0 (XX is 0x01 to 0xFF)
Receive: 0xEF 0xEF 0xEF 0xEF

Send:0x54 0x80 0x00 0xF0
Receive: 0xAB 0x80 0x00

Has anyone else had the same experience, or is anyone familiar with ROM Tune from this era?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could try using Calumsult or ECUTalk. I think I've used one of those two programs before to read the ROM. Also, I've noticed that I get a more reliable connection to the ECU when I connect the Consult adapter straight to a serial port on an older laptop than I do using a serial to usb adapter.

You could also purchase a Willem Eprom chip burner or similar and read the rom directly from the chips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts