SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
gotta complimetn you on the color ;) (same as mine) second how in the hell you get the stock grill to fit and those apc style corners to fit?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all I didn't follow the instructions that came with the projectors. They tell you to cut off the stock mounting bracket for the grill so you can use the ones that are on the lights. So I cut off the brackets that were on the lights, and had no problems at all. In order to make the cornmers fit you have to trim some material off of the mounting arm of the corner, and also cut off the stubby part that sticks out off the bottom of the corner. It takes a little bit of time, but at the end everything should fit fine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yea that color is really really nice.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
damn dude, whose freaking house is that in the bg of that one picture?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know, I just stopped in a nice place and there it was. The house is actually right next to a park. I guess it gives my car a fake sense of class HE HE!

·
Registered
109 Posts
heh..i thought i was the only one with 2 sets of foglights ;)

nice car...the spacing is a lil weird with the proj. headlights...its a weird fit...
dunno...nice car though!

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean that the spacing of the projectors is kinda weird?:confused:
The fit is flush, are you talking about how they look in comparison to the grill?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I always liked the 99 se's

·
Registered
109 Posts
i wasnt sain it as a bad thing, with the 99se
it doesnt really have so much of a grill....it has
that lil opening, i mean how thebottom corners of the
proj. lights fit into that lil area, everything looks great with
the lights otherwise

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know what you mean, when the stock lights were in there they blened a little better, because the stocks had had a cut that went with the grill. That hole also bothers me, I'm probably going to get the frame of a 98 200sx grill and put chrome mesh on it. What do you think? I dont want to get the Stillen grill because my girlfriend already has it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I put a white mesh grille into that hole in my 99se, actually its "Gutter Guard" but it looks really good, i also put it in the holes in the bumper, gives it a real custom look because my car is blue and the mesh is white, accents it and looks great, the white matches the stripes and other decals. Looks good only cost me about 3 bux! :D

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have any pictures of that? I want to see what it looks like, it sounds like a great money saving idea.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Wow, that car is amazing. I like the lighter gray color- they changed that from my darker 98 I see. With the gunmetal rims that is a pimp ride :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts