SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of upgrading to 15" wheels and may go for some Rota's.

Question - is the Classic 'hubcentric'?
If so, will Rotas bolt up and run true right out of the box?
Will I need hub rings?

Lastly, what the heck is a hub ring and what does it look like?

TIA
(wheel ignorant)

·
Z28=mullett
493 Posts
i sure hope you don't need these, as i have the rotas on my car without, and have yet to have a problem!

·
Registered
288 Posts
My Slipstreams lined right up and fit perfectly...you shouldn't have a problem....wft are hubrings? :-D

Jake

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
NismoB13SE-R said:
....wft are hubrings? :-D

Jake
Usually plastic rings that fit around the hub and fill the void between the center of the wheel and the hub. Makes for a perfect fit if the wheels you installed have a larger hub center than your actual hub.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hubcentric means the wheel is centered on the hub as opposed to being centered by the lugnuts. Hubcentric is better in my opinion because you pretty much eliminate any unbalancing problems by tightening down the lugnuts wrong. However, if you have half a brain and an ounce of patience you will take your time putting the wheels on and won't have any problems.

·
8,148 Posts
Probedude said:
I'm thinking of upgrading to 15" wheels and may go for some Rota's.

Question - is the Classic 'hubcentric'?
If so, will Rotas bolt up and run true right out of the box?
Will I need hub rings?

Lastly, what the heck is a hub ring and what does it look like?

TIA
(wheel ignorant)
Funny thing is that you probally got hubcentric rings in your rims and don't even know it espically if they are metal rings.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have some Rota Subzeros on mine.. the only problem I have is that the stupid center cap won't fit because of the center hub.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Jake, do you have a pic of your classic with the slipstreams on it. Your car is the exact color as mine and I was curious how they looked.

NismoB13SE-R said:
My Slipstreams lined right up and fit perfectly...you shouldn't have a problem....wft are hubrings? :-D

Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts