SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just a quick question for all the turbo people out there: after the turbo installation, I've been having somewhat of an idle problem. After I let off of the gas, the idle will divebomb to about 400 RPMs (sometimes the car even dies) and then jump back up to about 950 RPMs. Every once and a while after it's idling, it starts to stumble and feel almost like the cars gonna die. It also stumbles a bit from about 1.5K to about 3K. After that, I can't see the tach needle 'cause it moves so fast
So I guess my only problem, I guess, is below 3K RPMs. It almost feels like a vauum leak, but I can't seem to find any! I'm gonna re-check my TPS voltage, fuel pressure, timing, and look for any vacuum leaks tonight when I get home. But, does anyone else have any suggestions? TIA!!!

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
782 Posts
Are you plumbing the BOV back in after the MAF? Are you running an open oil catch can with the PCV valve connected still?

------------------
http://members8.clubphoto.com/louis419830/439477/guest.phtml

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, Autometer Shift Light, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, the BOV plumbs back in after the MAF. Mine looks alot like Jay's:

except that I'm using a GReddy catch can.

------------------
David
Sentra on Steroids

[This message has been edited by nsracer (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I was just wondering, what is that thing that seems to be connected to the intake plumming just before the BOV. Its the thing that has a long black tube coming off it and into the valve cover. It looks like it has some type of filter on top of it.

-saaby

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an oil catch can. It doesn't go into the intke, it's just mounted on the intake tube.

------------------
David
Sentra on Steroids

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I though about that, but either way isn't that hose just serving as ventilation? I mean, if it's only ventilation, being hooked up to the intake or being hooked up to an aftermarket catch can would serve the same purpose, wouldn't it? Plus, if you were to get oil mist out of that hose, that would make a nice little mess in you intake pipes and IC? Something I'd rather avoid.

------------------
David
Sentra on Steroids

1 - 7 of 7 Posts