SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people hope you can help here.
I have a Nissan Sunny N14 front wheel drive GTI, this came with the Rs5f32a gearbox and ratios.

I have also got hold of an N14 Pulsar Import 1.8 Gti front wheel drive which came with the Rs5f32v Gearbox.

Now my question is can I swap the gears or even just 5th gear from the Rs5f32a gearbox into the Rs5f32v gearbox?

I know the gearbox itself with swap but can you swap gear ratios over aswell?

Finally, Can i use half of the lsd, I think the inner cv and connect it to the outer non lsd axle or would I need the whole Lsd side axle?

Can any of the lsd side/ non lsd side axle match each other?

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Hi people hope you can help here.
I have a Nissan Sunny N14 front wheel drive GTI, this came with the Rs5f32a gearbox and ratios.

I have also got hold of an N14 Pulsar Import 1.8 Gti front wheel drive which came with the Rs5f32v Gearbox.

Now my question is can I swap the gears or even just 5th gear from the Rs5f32a gearbox into the Rs5f32v gearbox?

I know the gearbox itself with swap but can you swap gear ratios over aswell?

Finally, Can i use half of the lsd, I think the inner cv and connect it to the outer non lsd axle or would I need the whole Lsd side axle?

Can any of the lsd side/ non lsd side axle match each other?

The RS5F32A/V is the same transmission. The V stands for Viscous LSD, while the A stands for non-LSD. Why would you want to swap gears? Are you having gearstack issues like no 3rd or 5th?

You can rebuild a CV by interchanging inner and outer CV's. The inner CV is the only difference between the two axles. Outer shaft is the same. The passenger axle is the same regardless of A/V gearboxes. I say passenger, because of LHD vehicles. Obviously it would become the Driver's side axle if RHD.

·
SR20DET NX Coupe
108 Posts
As Tekkie said, they're exactly the same internally. I built a whole gearbox from the internals of 4 broken ones just recently. There is an exception though, on the RS5F32V they made some with a different 5th gear ratio. Theres a 4.1 and a 4.4 ratio and the last two digits after the gearbox code will be either 41 or 44.

The axles for the RS5F32A are exactly the same as the RS5F32V. There is no difference what so ever. So yes you can mix and match axle parts, if you had to, coz theres no difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5 gear is broken in the rs5f32v box, so want to put the 5th gear from the rs5f32a box into the rs5f32v box.
Can this be done?

So I just need to find the inner cv for the rs5f32v box and this can connet to an outer cv of the rs5f32a box?
Can this be done?

Please confirm people.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
The RS5F32A/V is the same transmission. The V stands for Viscous LSD, while the A stands for non-LSD. Why would you want to swap gears? Are you having gearstack issues like no 3rd or 5th?

You can rebuild a CV by interchanging inner and outer CV's. The inner CV is the only difference between the two axles. Outer shaft is the same. The passenger axle is the same regardless of A/V gearboxes. I say passenger, because of LHD vehicles. Obviously it would become the Driver's side axle if RHD.

Hi there, sifting through forums and stumbled across this reply. I'm having a similar gearstick issue, but I can't shift into second, fourth or reverse. Now I have a manual '94 Sentra. any clues would be helpful thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts