SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I drive a race car again!
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second race weekend is about to start! It's been a long 8 weeks since my drivers school / race weekend at Gateway. Car is pretty much the same as it was when we left Gateway, just some minor cleaning and such. Running the SCCA double regional this weekend at IRP. And "running" means two different things: not only am I driving, but I've been WAY too busy preparing for the weekend as one of the event chairpeople. We already have over 25 cars registered for my run group and I'm guessing at least 6 ITA cars. We'll see if we can keep my perfect winning record intact this weekend :D
SE-R Cup content: Running with NASA at Putnam Park in two weeks as well! I have confirmed that they are recognizing the SR class in the local region, maybe someday I'll have someone to race with! The month of May is just looking sweet - two race weekends and the Indy 500 festivities. Gonna have to get some sleep in June....

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Racerlinn said:
Running with NASA at Putnam Park in two weeks as well! I have confirmed that they are recognizing the SR class in the local region, maybe someday I'll have someone to race with!
but that might ruin your perfect winning record. :D

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
How's the schedule go Steve? I have to work Saturday, but I'm off Sunday. I'd like to come out for some of it if possible.

·
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm group 5 out of 5.
Practice/Quals around 11:00, races around 4:00, unless something bad happens to delay things.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Rockwood said:
but that might ruin your perfect winning record. :D
I have actually been talking to the Midwest/Ohio/Indiana regional director and they may have ITA/ITS 240SX'es running in SR on a provisional basis, so you might have some stiff competition!

·
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reference the last picture - was having issues all weekend with the tranny and had several balky 3rd to 4th shifts (did not want to go into 4th easily). Second race ended after 5 laps when my attempt at a 3rd to 4th shift at 7000+ rpm resulted in me finding 2nd gear instead. Motor still turns over, does not sound bad, simply will not start. Have not had a chance to even pull a spark plug yet. Who wants to start the diagnoses / guessing?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Racerlinn said:
Reference the last picture - was having issues all weekend with the tranny and had several balky 3rd to 4th shifts (did not want to go into 4th easily). Second race ended after 5 laps when my attempt at a 3rd to 4th shift at 7000+ rpm resulted in me finding 2nd gear instead. Motor still turns over, does not sound bad, simply will not start. Have not had a chance to even pull a spark plug yet. Who wants to start the diagnoses / guessing?
I'd pull the plugs and the valve cover and see what you can find. I'm guessing you checked all the simple things like coil wire/plug wires still connected tightly, gas in the tank (more than one racer has missed this!), etc.

·
3,394 Posts

·
3,394 Posts
sure, I have 5 or 6. What's your email?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts