SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so heres what happened. Three nights ago, I put in my new nology spark plug wires, everything went fine, and my car ran fine. The next day, I went to Maryland International Raceway. I only got to race my car once, and I got a 15.716. I have an AEM CAI, nology wires, and new tires (Bridgstone potenza 950's). This is the first time ive ever raced. My tires spun and I had wheel hop up till about 4k. My car would shake back and forth and slam me forward pretty hard from the wheel hope. Any Ideas on how to stop this? BTW, I beat some old camero that ran like a 16 something. Well, my car ran fine the whole way home. I pulled up to my friends house to drop him off. When I started my car again, its was sputtering and puttering and my car was shakeing. The more I reved the car the faster it would putter. It also felt weaker. I was thinking maybe my wires where causing interference with the ecu, or maybe a torn motor mount, or maybe the fact that my wires where crossed was messing something up. The next day, I decided to uncross them. In the process I found one of them wasnt plugged in! Doh!!! I felt pretty stupid, but was glad that that was the only problem. Could have driving with only 3 cylinders fireing cause any damage to my engine? Should I check anything out on my engine to make sure its ok? Thanks. Hopefully next time I go once I advance my timing and get a better launch I can get a 15.5.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Energy Suspension motor mount inserts or if you ahve a lot of mula, JWT mounts! That should get rid of the wheel hop for ya!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
486 Posts
heh? im kinda confused but how do motor mounts stop your wheel hop? please explain to me i are stupid thanx

·
Registered
727 Posts
OK....

The factory mounts are soft and absorb the vibration of the engine and tranny. Put more stiff inserts or mounts in there and the vibration goes throughout the car. Sure you may feel a little more shakiness when running but the benefit of not looking like your car is in a hydraulics contest and the fact that youll stick to the pavement a lot more will be worth it. As far as the physics of it, youll have to ask some of the gurus on the forum! Hope this kinda cleared it up.

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 10-14-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
one of the reasons why i love the stock wires. they rarely pop off. there are very few aftermarket wires that dont

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
they can pop off!?!?
i'll stick with my good ol' NGK wires, thank you.

·
Registered
723 Posts
aftermarket motormounts allow for a more direct transfer of power from the engine through chassis to the tires...

you should've seen planoser's stock MMs. two of them were cracked and busted, and the third one was even bent into an egg shape!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts