SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys would it be possible to run a turbo setup on a DE without having the ECU reprogramed by JWT? For example maybe using a Fuel Regulatro or maybe a AFC? Just wondering if its possible to run the car reliably with these piggyback systems? ( And no I don't plan on running this setup on my car..just wondering just to know. ) Also would a AFC be of any use on top of the JWT reprogrammed ECU. ( For minor on the fly adjustments? ) Thanks again guys!

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
:::Hey guys would it be possible to run a turbo setup on a DE without having the ECU reprogramed by JWT? For example maybe using a Fuel Regulatro or maybe a AFC?::::

Yes. It will run quite reliably if it is programed properly on the dyno.

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
to soopastank

you got mail

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Re: Re: Running Turbo without Turbo ECU/Program

skyliner said:

Well for one thing the AFC is almost as much as a JWT ECU.
Hardley the case, the AFC goes for 320 the JWT ECU goes for 500 for just the reprogram for the ecu, not to mention 100+ for the extra turbo program.

I have heard of a 'few' people running a rising rate FPR(5:1,10:1?) with stock boost.
You can use that to aid with the tuning of the AFC.

As far as an AFC on top of a JWT ECU, why you would want to do that is beyond me.
From what I heard the JWT ecu runs a tad rich, you can use the AFC to Lean out the mix which can make more power.

For piece of mind, ease of installtion and reliability JWT ECU hands down the best.
Your based on total opinion not on fact. The fact is people dont want to either spend the time to tune there cars, or they dont have the know-how to do so. IF you want to spend your money on a JWT ECU and wait months to recieve it then thats fine with me. Matter of fact I've heard of people recieving there ecu with a program they didnt even order nor want. So what did that person have to do, send it back after waiting months to recieve it to get it taken care of, Now that is Fact. With the AFC and a dyno you can tune your car for anything NOS, NA or Turbo duties. With the New Greddy Emanagement unit you can Tune the fuel curve air fuel ratio, timing, even use it as a real time data logger, The unit retails for 309, but that doesnt include the software or harness for the Laptop. Now that Is IMHO. Ill spend my money on something I know I can tune with out haveing to spend extra money in the long run. Again My personal preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts