SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Well, I just dynoed my car with the S4 cams, and I put out 142.6 hp, which is pretty good. However, my torque sucked! I only saw an increase of .9 foot torque, to a peak of 119.3.

Something's up. Perhaps my very old Stillen header isn't a good match with the cams? I don't know.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Well, other guys with S3s and similar mods to mine dynoed higher, and with more torque, so I think something's wrong with my car, not sure what yet.

I have the cams, JWT ecu with cam program, 2 1/4" catback, freer flowing cat, straight through muffler, JWT POP and a 1st generation Stillen header (which might possibly be a restriction).

Strange thing is that I dynoed at 131.8/118 with just the POP charger and header alone.

With the S4s, you should be putting out about 144/130.

If you get them, bump your idle up to 1000, it makes life more livable, unless you like your teeth chattering at stoplights from the rough idle.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
They were the same price as the S3 cams, I think.

Um, I *think* with the ecu that it was $1200 US.

I would recommend you get the ecu program with them, for streetability, and cold starting stability. And they make more power then, too.

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Man, Thomas, you don't need the ECU. Just run it without if you don't have the funds for now. It is not necessary but definitely helps. ****, I just ran a month and a half with stock ECU on C3 cams. You think the S4's idle rough? You ain't seen nothing. LOL.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
I had the stock 92 cams Thomas. See you at the BBQ man! I'll take you for a ride in my slow ass 16 second car then.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's ok. I might not wanna drive my slow ass NX ever again.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Don't know man, my car is pretty dog **** slow. 16.1 man. You can beat that for sure. Ask Antonio. He saw me almost stall. The car SUCKS!

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Registered
72 Posts
damn my friend just took his car to the tracks to see what it did and it hit [email protected] he has a heavy ass 95 civic 2 door ex 1.6 sohc vtec, we all couldnt beleive the good time he got for being stock with that car. now im going wednesday to see what i hit. cant wait, it looked so fun!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd drag race, but I don't wanna crack my trans or break 3rd gear.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts