SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, stupid question time. could I just use a s-afc instead of a computer upgrade? I need to go to bigger injectors and need something to control the flow. JWT seems like they are not getting off their ass and doing anything for us 98-up guys, so I am looking into other options. what do you think. funny thing is I was talking to this guy named Lauren, and he drives a 98 maxima w/ the stillen blower on it (dynoed 260 at the wheels) and he said that he had talked to Clark about it and he told him the beginning of the summer, they will have all of the Nissan ecus out (how long have they been saying that) anyways, he has a 95 ecu in it right now and runs just fine, I know that a 97 computer will work in ours, but with a little modification. Just trying to make a little conversation guys :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
FWIW I'd wait for the JWT ECU. Those stand alone AFC's aren't cheap! And don't forget the time you'll need to spend on the dyno just to get your A/F ratio right.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
If the 97 ECU is the same and you just need to move some wires around I wouldn't hesitate. JWT is top notch and wouldn't do it otherwise (not to undermine your ghetto NOS setup :) )

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ghetto? it is the same kit as 99.9% of the people put on their cars, just b/c I did not go out and spend 1k on a nos kit? (I looked up the price on the jwt nos kit today, computer only, and as soon as the ecu comes out, I will get that, the ecu, and probably the injector upgrade :) can we say 100 shot boys and well...boys :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts