SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
s13 frankenstein
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, did a search and here are the conclustions i made.

the s14 de has 160 hp 10:1 compression ratio.

Now, i have an s14 sr20de and i am doing my final preparations to swap it in, and its kinda ncie to know it wont be much slower htan my ka, i was under the impression the s14 de's were 140 hp. Now, what i want to know is, how much does the VTC account for in that 20 hp boost. I know i wont be able to run the vtc so i'm just wondering what i can expect.
 

·
Power Squid
Joined
·
231 Posts
Witt19 said:
Hey all, did a search and here are the conclustions i made.

the s14 de has 160 hp 10:1 compression ratio.

Now, i have an s14 sr20de and i am doing my final preparations to swap it in, and its kinda ncie to know it wont be much slower htan my ka, i was under the impression the s14 de's were 140 hp. Now, what i want to know is, how much does the VTC account for in that 20 hp boost. I know i wont be able to run the vtc so i'm just wondering what i can expect.
What the VTC basically is, is a computer controlled adjustable cam gear. It controls the intake cam timing. So essentially what it does, in the low end it gives you that tq. you want when strolling around town, but it changes the intake cam timing when you're reving it to make more hp. correct me if I'm wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
i believe it has 150, or 155 HP, i forget. you are correct in the S13 has 140 HP
 

·
NISSAN ADDICT
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
Witt19 said:
Hey all, did a search and here are the conclustions i made.
the s14 de has 160 hp 10:1 compression ratio.
Now, i have an s14 sr20de and i am doing my final preparations to swap it in, and its kinda ncie to know it wont be much slower htan my ka, i was under the impression the s14 de's were 140 hp. Now, what i want to know is, how much does the VTC account for in that 20 hp boost. I know i wont be able to run the vtc so i'm just wondering what i can expect.
why cannot you run it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
I am in the middle of this same swap I used the de ECU and harness, I have yet to get mine to run. I can't get the injectors to work. but it will fire on starting fluid

I need the wiring diagram and pin out on the ECU . It is differant than the det
 

·
NISSAN ADDICT
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
Seikenman said:
What the VTC basically is, is a computer controlled adjustable cam gear. It controls the intake cam timing. So essentially what it does, in the low end it gives you that tq. you want when strolling around town, but it changes the exhaust cam timing when you're reving it to make more hp. correct me if I'm wrong
It only controlles the Intake cam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
I was wondering what you guys were using as a header/exhaust manifold for the N/A SR20DE. Does the stock SR20DE manifold clear our steering rack?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
SE-R-2-Go said:
I was wondering what you guys were using as a header/exhaust manifold for the N/A SR20DE. Does the stock SR20DE manifold clear our steering rack?

Yes it fits fine and bolts right up to the cat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
my first post...heh..what do you guys use as far as an aftermarket header for the RWD de...i know the fujitsubo header wont clear the steering...and i just head that HKS Japan has a header but HKSUSA has no idea what i was talking about...that would be awsome get some feedback on that since i want to follow in bigtom shoes(not to be thread jacking)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
RPS13nut said:
Have you guys heard that BEE*R has a supercharger kit for the na sr20?
dont know if its a rumor or not, getting my bro' in-law to check on that in japan for me.
i have a t25 on my sr20de (240sx) the higher compression makes it fast... but it'll suck when i go to upgrade turbos and have to build my engine
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top