SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a dyno chart of these cams? I'd like to see one...thinking about getting these...how much do these cost BTW? Anyone know? Please help me out...thanks...also..what is the highest low end loss? TIA!!

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!
to see pictures of my hooptie go to http://photos.yahoo.com/slogypoop/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
I believe SCC tested the S4's at 18hp max gain, 13hp peak gain, and minimal losses. I had the S4's and the low end loss was not significant, barely noticeable. The high end gain was kick ass. The only downside I felt was a lumpy idle, but some find it cool


------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

 

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
I believe SCC tested the S4's at 18hp max gain, 13hp peak gain, and minimal losses. I had the S4's and the low end loss was not significant, barely noticeable. The high end gain was kick ass. The only downside I felt was a lumpy idle, but some find it cool


</font>

Do you have a JWT ECU? What type of intake do you have? Header? Exaust? do you have an AUTO or a stick? Also...is that time with the cams? Or w/o?


------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!
to see pictures of my hooptie go to http://photos.yahoo.com/slogypoop/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:

Do you have a JWT ECU? What type of intake do you have? Header? Exaust? do you have an AUTO or a stick? Also...is that time with the cams? Or w/o?


</font>
I don't have a JWT ecu. Basically I use a K&N cone filter, AEBS header, custom 2 1/4" midpipe with an Apex'i N1 exhaust. 24" glasspack, stock cat, ZEX 10.5lb flywheel. Car is stick. My best e.t. is with the cams, on 195/60/14 all season tires.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

 

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
I don't have a JWT ecu. Basically I use a K&N cone filter, AEBS header, custom 2 1/4" midpipe with an Apex'i N1 exhaust. 24" glasspack, stock cat, ZEX 10.5lb flywheel. Car is stick. My best e.t. is with the cams, on 195/60/14 all season tires.

</font>
Dude...that is a fast as hell time...have you done that at a track? That makes me want to get an NX...'cause they're lighter than the SE-R's...and I'm in the market for one!! And found some S4's for 300 shipped to my door....good deal?? : ) Anyone know how much they cost now??



------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!
to see pictures of my hooptie go to http://photos.yahoo.com/slogypoop/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Buy those NOW!! That is almost half price. They have to be used right? AS for the NX, yeah get one they are the best


------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile
 

·
SE-R GREEK
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
And if you do not buy them,
PLEASEEEE pass on the deal.

There are a LOT of people in here who would kill for such a deal!!!

Chris
 

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hpro123:
And if you do not buy them,
PLEASEEEE pass on the deal.

There are a LOT of people in here who would kill for such a deal!!!

Chris
</font>
I think I'm gonna go ahed and buy 'em...but, I might be pickin up an NX, so I'd just pick them up on the way...:~) Maybe I'll just go ahed and have 'em shipped...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarC
Buy those NOW!! That is almost half price. They have to be used right? AS for the NX, yeah get one they are the best
[/B]</font>
NO....they're not used...NIB! :~) Anyone know how much the adjustable cam gears are from JWT? Any tips on adjusting them?? Anyone have any dynos so I can see what kinda losses I will have??

[This message has been edited by SENTRASER (edited 10-13-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
I don't have a JWT ecu. Basically I use a K&N cone filter, AEBS header, custom 2 1/4" midpipe with an Apex'i N1 exhaust. 24" glasspack, stock cat, ZEX 10.5lb flywheel. Car is stick. My best e.t. is with the cams, on 195/60/14 all season tires.

</font>
That is at Mission Raceway in BC. I can post a timeslip but not until I get ahold of a scanner. The secret is weight reduction. Sound deadening removed, passenger seat removed (temporarily of course)...whatever weight you can get rid of. My car weighs in at 2315lbs without driver at fighting weight..



------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
NO....they're not used...NIB! :~) Anyone know how much the adjustable cam gears are from JWT? Any tips on adjusting them?? Anyone have any dynos so I can see what kinda losses I will have??

[This message has been edited by SENTRASER (edited 10-13-2001).]
</font>

Where did you get such a deal? You do not need the cam gears for these cams. They are basicly a plug and play system. If you need to get cam gears I would go with the Steelin ones as they are easyer to adjust.


------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,741 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
That makes me want to get an NX...'cause they're lighter than the SE-R's...
</font>
from what i know, the NX2000 is heavier than the sentra SE-R, not sure about the 200sx SE-R, but because of all the power options and T-Tops, its heavier than the sentra.



------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
------------------
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top