SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, we all know how SAFC wiring is such a pain in the ass, soldering, tearing harness tape to get to wires we need to splice. All in all its a bother to do, and even after doing it all on your own, you still could have made a mistake somewhere along the install, and the instructions aren't that great anyway.

Below is a picture of an ECU harness in a 1999 Civic Si. From left to right we have... the OBDI ECU, VAFC-II wiring harness plug, OBDII conversion harness.
The VAFC-II harness is the yellow one, that is the first harness out of the ECU. A company called VTECFROG makes them, they also do "custom harnesses", i emailed them about an inquiry on possibly fabricating a harness for my 200sx, because i hate wiring. Pretty much this, is a plug and play type of deal, you put the harness between your ecu and harness going into your ecu, and then you plug the harness into the back of the SAFC/VAFC. Its really simple. this is the email i got back:

email:

Howard,

Thank you for your interest in our company. We can certainly help you with your harness. As you suggest, we would like to eventually include other makes for our harnesses unfortunately, at this time we have our hands full with Honda owners. The main obstacle to manufacturing harnesses for other makes, has been sourcing the parts required to build. In your case if you can source the part you require, we will be glad to build one for you.

We need an ECU connector and Chassis harness plugs. If you can get a hold of those two items, we can build a harness for you. If it's not possible for you to gather those parts, we can source them for you, but it would most likely be cheaper for you to get those yourself.

Best regards,

Pascal Larochelle

Frog Engine Controls
I'm going to find the harness plugs they need and send them in, depending on price, is anyone here interested in trying this out. My friend owns the Civic Si pictured above, and thats what turned me onto the idea of having them fabricate for nissan. It's hard to beat plug and play, and i'm hoping if we can get enough to buy, maybe they will lower the price. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been making progress yes, but it hasn't seemed too many on the board are interested, i've found both things vtecfrog needs to create a harness, i'm waiting for a reply from them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts