SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a virgin nos man and want to know if I can safely put an NOS system like a 50 shot professionaly installed without blowing my motor? car runs rich and I have a MSD 6al ignition. how much would this set up cost me on my 91 sweetheart? I'm scared to take the plunge 6000 $ engine work alone all motor. can't afford JW set up ,can I do without the expensive computer stuff?

[Edited by redman007 (09-26-2000 at 06:57 AM).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
You might want to subscribe to the SE-R mailing list... can't remember the URL but I think theres a link from se-r.net. Check the mailing list archives there too. One of the guys you should talk to on the list is Mike Kojima or George Roeffe. They are both running high compression motors similar to yours and I think someone said that Mike Kojima had squeezed 100shot on his motor. But make sure you check the archives before you post anything there.

Mel

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Mike did run a 100 shot, but it was JWT controlled. You've already spent so much $$ on your engine, why take chances now? Especially because the damage can be bad. There was a recent article about computer controlled nos in SCC, I cant remember the brand though.

I dont know if JWT would have an ecu/nos setup for you anyway because of your mods (i dont know anything about the rc maf)

·
Registered
466 Posts
the URL for the list is www.se-r-list.org . Your question is a good one, but I would check the archives and then e-mail the list if you still have any questions. The NOS kit is from ZEX. Venom also make kits, but just like Jason said, if you have already spent the money on a motor, the JWT kit is the one to get. Jay Hassinger(sp?) was running a 50shot on his '97 until he got boosted. If anyone would have some insight on it, it would be him.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, you could probably run a NOS kit on your car with like a msd retard system on it. or even run a j&s knock sensor on it to detect knock and let out of it. I am running a 60 shot on mine and it runs fine. (for now)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are right. It's time to splurge again.The platinum card is calling me! I'll go with the JW set up! can't wait. My friend put in a GTI-R engine 92 in his classic with 12 psi, cobra maf, msd ,and custom 3 " down pie with 2 1/2 " ex. I took it for a ride and for about 4 -5 grand I love the ride ,very ****ing strong. He say's it is a 12's car and I believe it wow! Tune in thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
good choice, thats the one I'm gonna get too, but I am going with a 100 shot program
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the vette says "wholly sh^%, wtf, was that one of those little civics that walked me
)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian, The 100 shot is sweet but I met an old friend who has that set up on his 96 se-r and I think it's good but too much nos at once . the wheels spin alot. I think theres some nitrous computer out there that when ignited, you get 10 hp,then 25hp,50, 75,and 100 in increments so you get power through the whole band without the jerking of 100hp in one shot! I forgot who makes it, try Nos or the other companies but it's definitely in the market. it also saves some nos!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think its NOS that makes it. If its what I think you're talking about. Its a progressive Nitrous controller and it controls how much NOS shoots in over a set period of time. I can get you the part number it you guys want it.

Mel

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mel, do you know of any body that uses this nos controller? friends etc.?

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
I have a B14 but im sure it'll work on a classic too...I just got the Venom VCN 2004..its almost as much as fricken turbo kit but i wanted to experience Nitrous first before the big transplant. This kit is absolutely dope!!! Its programmable through a laptop. Its got 3 modes. Linear, Drag, and Timed mode. So far ive only used the Linear and Drag..cuz the Timed mode is mainly used for turbo applications...(will help me in the future).
Im still testing it out and trying different configurations..But the NOS is only activated on specfic conditions which YOU set it..(Throttle angle,RPMS, and the % of NOS you wanna squeeze). The fuel is ALL AUTOMATICALLY controlled through its module it AUTOMATICALLY calculates how much more fuel to inject that when it reaches those parameters you have inputed, it automatically Increases the Injector pulse width, (cuz you actually wire parts of the harness to the signal wires on each of the injectors.)
Its basically like a JWT NOS kit but programmable. I paid $1300 shipped from COX Imports
The only problem that i see..is you really don't know how much HP's your car is pushing at different %of NOS...so a dyno is really helpful here to find the base hp.
But even if you push 100% NOS the Venom module is suppose to watch for lean conditions so itll automatically turn itself off..I haven't tried it..ive only taken it up to 45-50%..
Its got a pretty nice LCD screen that glows green which shows Rich and Lean conditions, RPMS, Injector pulse width, Throttle angle, and a message screen that tells you when it active or if there something wrong...so far ive had no troubles..and did i mention the installation...Very easy comes with everything even a tap for your nitrous jet ..its just trying to make it look good that takes time. I Personally recommend it.

[Edited by Ferdie Dela Cruz (10-09-2000 at 08:43 PM).]

·
Registered
782 Posts
There are a few differnt setups you can go with on all the SR20DE Motors. JWT is probably the safest system to run. They have an ECU ($450.00-500.00) which controls timing/fuel curve which can then be upgraded to run either a 50 shot or 100 shot setup. You will need thier NOS Module ($350.00-400.00) to control the Nitrous. I have run both setups. The 50 shot setup is activated by a toggle switch and then injects nitrous once the RPM's are above 2000 and you are at WOT. The 100 shot works the exact same way except the RPM's must be at 4000 and you will also need 370cc injectors from a 93-96 300ZX TT or 93-96 Q45. I ran 13.7 @97 on the the 50 shot setup and 12.9 @106.5 on the 100 shot seup. I hope this helps .
Louis Anaya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts