SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DBA/IT
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went in for safety check and failed, because my car was dropped. Got damnit I knew I shouldn't have gone to midas, those damn bitches made me wait an hour only to fail my stock looking beater. So lame. Now I gotta get recon, and in order to get recon, I need to get an alignment and an affidavit for aftermarket parts. And I know recon's gonna be waaaaay harder to get than a safety check. Wow, this sooooooo damn sucks. Here's the cost of everything:

Safety check-$15, failed (10 F'ING days to get recon till they void my temporary blue safety check, soooo gay)

Affidavit-$30 from Eurosport

alignment-$90 for lowered cars at Lex Brodie's

Total: $135

Man, all this little sh*t just keeps pushing back a much needed clutch install. :mad: Perhaps I can could fine some other lenient shop to pass safety... I don't really like the thought of driving all over the place and spending $15 a shot, only to fail though.

this sucks

·
SR20 owner since 93
3,345 Posts
I know the feeling :(

·
Registered
847 Posts
there are a few places you can go... ;) i have a safety check coming up in a few months.. hope they don't notice the turbo... pm me jeremy..

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That's so stupid. :(

·
SR20 owner since 93
3,345 Posts
worldcrafter said:
went in for safety check and failed, because my car was dropped. Got damnit I knew I shouldn't have gone to midas, those damn bitches made me wait an hour only to fail my stock looking beater. So lame. Now I gotta get recon, and in order to get recon, I need to get an alignment and an affidavit for aftermarket parts. And I know recon's gonna be waaaaay harder to get than a safety check. Wow, this sooooooo damn sucks. Here's the cost of everything:

Safety check-$15, failed (10 F'ING days to get recon till they void my temporary blue safety check, soooo gay)

Affidavit-$30 from Eurosport

alignment-$90 for lowered cars at Lex Brodie's

Total: $135

Man, all this little sh*t just keeps pushing back a much needed clutch install. :mad: Perhaps I can could fine some other lenient shop to pass safety... I don't really like the thought of driving all over the place and spending $15 a shot, only to fail though.

this sucks
Even Midas didn't pass me.....I was only 1 inch short from passing me. My rear bumper is 19 inches from the bottom to the top. It was supposed to be 20 inches according to my recon.

MAN, I even took out my 15 inches with 50 series tires and slap on my 14 inches with 60 series cause I thought they would have passed me this time around but by changing the tires didn't help :mad:

I guess I have to lift the car back up :(

·
DBA/IT
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my car was STOCK height. It wasn't even dropped when I brought it in. I just adjusted my ground controls before bringing it in--I lifted the car up back to stock height, and still got failed. Apparently the punk azz inspector decided to look in the wheel well for f*'s sake, and saw I had aftermarket springs/struts. Instant fail. They said they failed me for their protection, they don't want to lose their license or whatever as a safety inspector, by passing a car that is modified. :redface:

·
Registered
280 Posts
worldcrafter said:
my car was STOCK height. It wasn't even dropped when I brought it in. I just adjusted my ground controls before bringing it in--I lifted the car up back to stock height, and still got failed. Apparently the punk azz inspector decided to look in the wheel well for f*'s sake, and saw I had aftermarket springs/struts. Instant fail. They said they failed me for their protection, they don't want to lose their license or whatever as a safety inspector, by passing a car that is modified. :redface:
i rubbed oil and dirt on my tokico set up...lol..from torquiose to black/brown, lol. the guy was pretty linent though, he lectured me because i left my 16" rims on.
"you know the stock size of your rims are only 14". right?"
"yes"
"then why do you have 16" rims on?"
"because, we're allowed 2" bigger than stock"
"not since _____, 2003, now you're only allowed 1.5" bigger than stock"
"where the **** am i suppose to buy 15.5" rims and tires?"

anyways, if you still can't get it PM me on here or forumshawaii (sr20ve_808) and i'll reccomend a place

·
SR20 owner since 93
3,345 Posts
Nismo20VVL said:
Dam dude then how do these ricers w/ drops that make the mufflers spark over every bump pass?

I know, now I am really thinking how the HELL they get there safety. My car is not as dropped as those civcs and integra's I seen cruzing around.

Worldcrafter, Even when I went to try get my safety, they look to see if I have springs or coilovers. WHAT the hell is 1 inch short!!! **** like if the cops going to measure my rear bumper to see if it is 20 inches, I think they have better things to do.

DAMN, this sucks...!!!!!

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
worldcrafter said:
They said they failed me for their protection, they don't want to lose their license or whatever as a safety inspector, by passing a car that is modified. :redface:
I assume this was before Mike helped you out right? Good thing you are on the Hawaii SE-R mailing list :biggthump

DC
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SE-R_Club_of_Hawaii/

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Good luck jeremy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts