SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rearend of my NX sags, does anybody else have this problem? I think it must be the springs, but could it just be the struts? I am trying to get Eibach and KYB's (cant afford AGX's) but my not so friendly speedshop who was ordering them stopped answering the phone. I think I will order them off TireRack. They have them for a pretty good price.

------------------
Stock (except for sticky Dunlops 8000's) '91 NX2K

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Spring can sag, but I don't hear about it often. I had a sagging RF spring that I swapped out with another stock piece. I bought a set of used Classic springs from a SE-R Listmember, and I still have the rears left. SE-R/NX rates and height might be slightly different, but I can let them go cheap if you don't go with aftermarket springs.

What's going on with the shop? Tried going by in person?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:
What's going on with the shop? Tried going by in person?</font>
Hey Jim, its Vance (guess you knew that), Yeah they are apparently changing buildings, so they were not even open, and not calling me back. I think I will get those Eibachs, because I know that NX springs are stiffer then SE-R's (softer springs is the last thing I want), but thanks for the offer. Are you going to the KC meet? I want to go, but we will see if I have tires that can handle it by then. My Dunlop 8000's are practically gone. Do you know of any really cheap ($200-250) 15" rims around? 15" tires are so much cheaper the performace 14", which have extremely limited choices anyway. Plus I remember how good your car looked with 15's on it.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Yeah, that shop seems shady, disorganized, or both. I told you how I went there and no one was watching the merchandise - a less scrupulous person might have used the five finger discount.

Personally, I'd be inclined to just buy a new set of AGXes and spend the difference on tires, bushings, etc. I'm content with the combination of 50-series tires and stock springs until the mod fairy brings a set of Motivational or Ground Control coil-overs. Stock ground clearance is a nice thing to have.

I'm definitely going to the KC gathering, but I don't know when. I'm kinda playing it by ear, and so far I'm tentatively planning on making it a day trip. Go early Saturday, come back that night. It doesn't look like I'll have a whole lot of extra money to do the dyno pulls on Sunday, so I'm passing.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Whats up JimR? I'm goin to kc in oct from dallas. If you want to stay for sunday let me know. My bro lives there and we can stay at his place it's free. james

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the Eibachs on the back of my NX. They caused a nose up look. I didn't care for it.
It looked like the back end was always squating. This was with both Tokico and Koni shocks. I doubt the AGX's would be any different. The best riding springs I've driven on are the Tokico springs. You don't hear about them much but they are my favorite out of all the modified NX's/classics I've ever driven and I've driven quite a few. Overall I like the set-up I have which is ground controls with Koni's.

Matt

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the dyno was free, maybe not, but I need some help with my timing, figured someone there would know. Mine only has to dashes, looks like this:

\/
| |

I dont get it!

------------------

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porboy44:
I had the Eibachs on the back of my NX. They caused a nose up look. I didn't care for it.
It looked like the back end was always squating. This was with both Tokico and Koni shocks. I doubt the AGX's would be any different. The best riding springs I've driven on are the Tokico springs. You don't hear about them much but they are my favorite out of all the modified NX's/classics I've ever driven and I've driven quite a few. Overall I like the set-up I have which is ground controls with Koni's.

Matt
</font>
Did you have them on the front, too? They are suppose to lower it a little more in the front.

------------------

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porboy44:

Matt
</font>
Matt, is the car finished? I would like to see my twin brother.

We may look a little different now that we have grown apart (me with the wing and front spoiler) and you with the cut out hood, but the biggest difference is that DET. Geesh! Hollar back dude!

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/MSdesign_spoiler.JPG

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 09-26-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts