SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This (sarver) guy is all over the net as a scammer. He's also operating on these boards under the name "jh240". I sent him $450 for a tranny and he disappeared with the money. He uses lots of names and email addresses so watch out. He operates around Columbus, OH
Here's a warning

This is the thread of my transaction

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
crocket 66.213.29.241
je-r 66.213.29.241
jh240 66.213.29.241
sarver 66.213.29.241

All blacklisted, banned, and IP banned. Lookup those IPs and see that they all came from a library in Ohio. I suggest calling this library and the local police department.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Most government buildings have sign in sheets and paper trails for those using their equipment. If this guy is really going around and ripping people off, use that info to make some calls. I've done it before and it works.

The wheels of justice turn very slowly but eventually it comes around.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your help gentlemen. I am talking to local police here in Oregon and attempting to get through to a detective in Fairfield, Ohio. I know things turn slowly in law enforcement and the legal system but I'm settling in for the long haul. My old man and first cousin are both cops out here so they're giving me pointers and helping out where they can.

·
Use to be ^
776 Posts
after all this, i am not going to buy anything from newbs whether they have good recommendations or not... just a little rant... :mad:

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
I dont understand, where are you guys sending the money to? If it is paypal, you can complain to them, and you will get your money back and they will ban the person from paypal. If you are sending a money order, you have his address...

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
the only way you get your money back with paypal is if you paid via credit card. if you pay via your cking acct or balance, if he doesn't have any balance in his account (they never do) you don't get any money unless you pursue it with the cops.

·
Use to be ^
776 Posts
Will said:
I dont understand, where are you guys sending the money to? If it is paypal, you can complain to them, and you will get your money back and they will ban the person from paypal. If you are sending a money order, you have his address...
if you read my thread, i did contact paypal... the thing is that this turd did send me a box, which was empty, so paypal said they couldn't do anything about it since he did send a package... like i also said in my package, paypal is gay... :squint:

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
chimmike said:
the only way you get your money back with paypal is if you paid via credit card. if you pay via your cking acct or balance, if he doesn't have any balance in his account (they never do) you don't get any money unless you pursue it with the cops.
Hmmm, well my friend sold an EMS on the SRT forums, and the guy said he never got the EMS, complained to paypal, and paypal gave him $1200 (they did not take any money back from my friend) but they did ban him from paypal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent him a money order after I emailed a few people that he said the had done business with. All wrote back and said he was trustworthy. Turned out, they were all his email accounts. Bastard! Anyway, I have contacted authorities here in Oregon and in Ohio, contacted the library where the IP originated and I am filing for mail fraud. In reality, I have been told by authorities that he probably will walk away from this scott free. My local D.A. told me that they really don't care that I know his name, his address and have done all of the homework on this guy. They said that $500 wasn't worth pressing charges against him because they would have to fly someone out there to him and everything. As it is, $500 mail fraud is a very low priority to most any law enforcement agency. If something is to be done it is totally up to me to do it at this point.

Note: In the past it seems that folks had his mom's phone # and when they harrassed her, she got to him and he coughed up some dough. Now, she is unlisted and he is as well. Makes phone harrassment a bit tough.

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
1) if he's under 18, you go after the parents for the money.

2) Even if it's for $500, it's a federal crime....so persue it.

3) If there are others who've been screwed, you need to find them and get them involved with the police as well. That will make it more of a case. The more people are involved, the more police get involved, the more interested they are in stopping a multi-scammer.

Plus, he could get jail time out of it. He's not just scamming, he's getting around the blockades preventing small-time scammers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts