SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not really sure if any of you guys have gotten a glimpse of it in person yet, but i went to the chicago auto show yesterday and saw it..very nice....but.....a 6200 rpm redline on the spec V??? My girlfriends non turbo vw new beetle goes to 6700 at least! hell a mustang goes to 6500...i hope that torque makes up for it. I just hope nissan doesent do with this what they did with the 240sx..make a torquey, low redline, very mediocre horsepower car that looks good just cuz thats what the "average" u.s. buyer wants..we'll see i guess..Also, i really think Id like to buy a new car now that ive gone there and really looked around..probably later this fall i think..Anyway my options are: the new se-r, the WRX, or a toyota mr2 spyder...Everyone seems to have its pros and cons..the wrx and spyder cost just about the same with options..and the se-r will be way cheaper..hmmmm..but i really like the way the toyota looks and i REALLY like a turbo with AWD!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why not buy a MR spyder, drop an SR20DET in it and change the drive train to all wheel drive. That would kick ass.
I drove a spyder yesterday (my bro-in-law got one) Handles like a gokart. I really did not get on it, though. It is his new toy.

T

·
0 Posts
The speedo and tach are all just mock up. They mean nothing. If you would have popped the hood of the se-r you probably would have seen a good ol sr20de.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A mock up speedo and tach? i hope so..does anyone here know approximatley what the QR25 is supposed to redline at??

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I hope that is a mock up and not really showing what the engine will be doing. Cause I hope it doesnt get relagated to being a stump puller. Cause its susposed to be torquey but hell I want some zip too. Limited to 6400rpm...thats going to be just like Calum's 79 Merc Zephyr Station wagon with 190ft/lbs at 1400rpm redline around 6k. I dont care unless its got a high redline able to keep it in the peak power range its not going to be the so called type r fighter. Its going be like driving a Ford Taurus or something, not to mention the 4 doors that I hate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts