SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was taken with a big exhaust leak (the AIV hole in the header was unplugged)

I am going to go redyno now that I have the hole plugged and see if I can reach the 150hp mark

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know why the power dips down between the 40-55mph rang on the chart? Could it be due to the exhaust leak? (no plug in AIV hole on header) Just Wonderin..
I'm going to go back and get them to print me out a HP vs RPM plot instead of the crappy HP vs MPH they gave me.

Damn, I Really need a JW ECU.. The power is still plateauing as it hits that 7100rpm limiter :eek:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ummm. What gear did they tune in or dyno ur car in? Also, you may wanna try some different or aftermarket wires and ignition. Ive seen and heard it gets rid of the ups and downs. Cause on mine it was smooth all the way to the top. I dyno-ed back in the day a while back. With just the bad-ass Blitz intake and advanced timing. I ran close to 140HP and near 133lbs.ft of torque. It was nutz actually. But I dunno man, im not an expert and since they didnt do RPM vs. HP... Its gonna be hard for anyone to judge. Which cams you have by the way? I know the ECU may elminate the problem also!!

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
That's a 3rd gear pull. In 4th, he would hit the speed limiter before he hit the rev limiter. That torque graph is nasty. I bet it has something to do with the hole in your header.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric: I think you're right about the exhaust leak causing the midrange drop. Because when I drove the car like that, the low-midrange felt a little on the weak side. But now it's plugged and feels better.. just gotta go dyno it again and see what the results are.

Nismo: It was a 3rd gear pull, stock wires, stock ignition... What wires do you recommend I replace them with? BTW: the car has 120K miles on the clock. I have the '91 intake cam, and am actually lookin to purchase a JW ECU right now. Just lookin for a good deal one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts