SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was up in Prescott, AZ for the Prescott Forest Rally this weekend. So ofcourse the SCC project car is running at this event. My friends and I get down to Stage 1 and find a nice spot to see some sweet cars flying past. We see the scc car fly past and my friend is like, "That sounds like a SR20 motor." So the next day, all the cars are parked out side the supercross event. The SCC car has its hood popped open. The thing has a SR20DE in there! It was awesome. It is just shoehorned in there, but sweet as hell! It's also pretty cool to see those guys with their big ****ing hammers and pounding the **** out of the "dents" in the car. If you ever have a rally event by where you live, get out there and watch! I loved it!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its a 510.

I was looking on their website and it looks like they've had it in there for a while. What issue did they talk about the swap?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well believe it or not, I know the story behind this,bear with me I am drunk. I was at the Ojibwe rally in northern minnesota. None other than dave coleman was driving for the hyundia in their stock class tiburon, I asked him why he didn;t drive the project rally beater in the ojibwe rally, he said he was working on it and that he had done an engine swap for an SR20DE after the engine gave up the ghost. He did it at night, and didn't take good pictures so he predicted that there wouldn't be a write up in SCC, too bad huh?

Lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts