SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever seen the scc se-r? Also i cant help but wonder what Rod Cadle's car is like. Is that a name i should be familiar with in the se-r community? Also has anybody tried to replicate scc's suspension setup?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I haven't seen the SCC SE-R, but I've ridden in Rob's Classic around Buttonwillow. Lets just say it took about 3 laps before I could calm down enough to watch his driving, which what the reason I rode with him. He drives that thing like a bat out of hell. He's a very prominent member of the SE-R community, is the SERCA president, and is a hell of a nice guy to boot.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Guess we get alot of non list members on here. Yea rob is pretty big, right behind Mike Kojima probaly, even with George Roffe or there abouts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black93:
Also i cant help but wonder what Rod Cadle's car is like. Is that a name i should be familiar with in the se-r community? </font>
Never heard of him.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
909 Posts
Mike Kojima? Is he the guy that drinks chili-cheese Cokes?

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarC:

</font>
Oh my god... How many people know about that story now?!?

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
708 Posts
In May of this year I was running in the Lone Pine Time Trials in California and the SCC guys were there with the project car. I forgot who was driving it (Maybe Josh) but the car was drivin drift style and I couldn't believe how well it was handling. It was about 9 sec faster on a 110 sec course than my stock SE-R on Street tires.

·
Registered
486 Posts
yah, i've seen it and now i want those jwt cams! 24hp gain at right around redline, sounds good to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by MarC:
-------------------------------------------

Whats the story on that??

·
Registered
909 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:

--Andrew Phan
</font>
While at the Convention this year, Rob told us the story. [Kojima]You think its great being the SE-R guru but I am the butt of many practical Jokes[/Kojima] Rob had us on the floor!

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

[This message has been edited by MarC (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
That, kojima smoking for the first time, or the asian squat were the killers
. Not to mention his bad luck for always bringing freaking tornados to the convention, and i dont mean those metal fans put in your intake

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black93:
Have any of you ever seen the scc se-r? Also i cant help but wonder what Rod Cadle's car is like. Is that a name i should be familiar with in the se-r community? Also has anybody tried to replicate scc's suspension setup? </font>
Which SCC Project SE-R are you talking about? Officially, Project SE-R is Mike Kojima's 200SX SE-R. I've driven it a couple of times. Wicked car!

Dave Coleman's is Project Sentra SE-R (just to keep them straight). I've seen Dave's car, but have never ridden in it or driven it. It's pretty cool, but far from the baddest classic around. Even far from the baddest NA classic around. Baddest NA classic would have to be Mike Pahls' car. He has built the same engine that Mike Kojima and I built for our cars. There are a few others floating around as well, but I haven't heard from any of them for some time.

As for suspension, both Mike's and Dave's have been duplicated. Mike Pahls' classic has the same suspension as Dave Coleman's car. I understand it's a bit jiggly over small bumps.

[This message has been edited by Geo91SER (edited 10-13-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts