SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is this scraping noise coming from the driver's side rear wheel, and its most pronounced after a high speed exit ramp that turns right.

before hard turns like that, it just sounds like a warped rotor. it goes, "shik shik shik shik shik...", that increases or decreases with speed. then after the offramp it becomes more of a metal needle scraping on a blackboard: "scrack scrack scrack scrack!"

then if i take left turns, at any angle, the noise goes away. now i know someone is gonna say to 'keep turning left', but save the Al Gore responses for another post

anyone know what this could be? The pads are new, and the rotors were resurfaced about 1000 miles ago. TIA..sorry for the long post.

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
727 Posts
Maybe bearings? It sounds like it, unless the anti rattle clips arent on...hmmm. Sounds like its annoying as hell though!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know about that cause my car makes the same noise and i haven't done the brakes recently (prolly should) but i haven't been to concerned about it because i thought it was my new sub or amp csootin around in the trunk as i didn't secure them quite as well as i would have liked. I will have to look into it some more. Assoon as i finish working on my RX-7....

Mine is making the same noise from the passenger rear though....

Oh well i will look at it on thursday.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dust shield you say. that sounds like a good idea. i just haven't had the chance to crawl under my car in a while...but it does sound like it could be a dust shield. gracias!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts