SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whenever i go WOT at full boost, i get this REALLY loud scraping/screeching noise somewhere in the engine compartment. I have a t28/gtir/370cc setup with the stock clutch. Also the noise appears when i rev it prett hard in neutral, and hit, maybe 6k rpms. Could it be the stock clutch and or flywheel? This is what i suspect but i have no idea.

Dave

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
just a guess... but the clutch might be worn out to the rivets and those are scraping on the flywheel when the clutch slips.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spdracerUT said:
just a guess... but the clutch might be worn out to the rivets and those are scraping on the flywheel when the clutch slips.
exactly what i was thinking...

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Your screwed its a rod bearing.

Just kidding man, im sure it has something to do with the clutch. Although it is kinda strange that it is doing it in neutral. Im sure you where planning on chaging the clutch soem time soon, so just check everything out then.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nizzan4u2nv said:
Are you sure you arent hearing detonantion?
I'm very sure it's not deto. That's more a of a pinging noise rather than this.

and yes i plan on changing the clutch very soon. i have an act hdss sitting on my floor right now, im just waiting to get an sr16ve flywheel to put in too. And don't scare me like that!!!! haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
if the disc was worn to the rivets then wouldnt he have the issue of not being able to go anywhere because there is no clutch left. im just thinking that if its not slipping then i doubt your to the rivets yet.

matt

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mcguiver7 said:
if the disc was worn to the rivets then wouldnt he have the issue of not being able to go anywhere because there is no clutch left. im just thinking that if its not slipping then i doubt your to the rivets yet.

matt
it's slipping pretty bad

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was also thinking it was the turbo, but it can't be because i've held it steady at 6k rpms, obviously at full boost and it doesn't do it. So it must be the clutch and flywheel, it just has to be! haha

·
SSS
61 Posts
Mate, I get this same sound, and from my investigations the stock thrust bearing is on its way out. Its not a huge prob, just next time u buy a clutch kit, it should be replaced. Im not sure if all oem nissan clutches have this problem..but im going daiken next time hehe

Dom

·
SSS
61 Posts
well, it turned out the noise that had plagued my car for close to 9 months was actually a bolt on the primary/secondary had come loose and rattleing the crap away as the exhuast moves as you drive. Once again my car is quiet

Dom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts