SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy said he had a t28 from a sr20det for sale. Well we ended up talking, and i traded him my brand new T3 turbo manifold for his "t28", plus he would send me 50 dollars. After sending my turbo manifold to him on a saturday.. he sent the turbo out the same day. He recieved the manifold on tuesday afternoon, so I expected my turbo to come in around then too. It didnt come. Around that friday I called him up. He had no shipping number on the item, so i couldnt track it. Well a couple more days rolled around, still no turbo. I finally called him again around a week and a half later after I shipped his manifold, and we worked out a deal taht he would send me another turbo. The second "t28" that he sent came 2 days later after he called me and gave me a tracking number.

Ok. Now I get the turbo in my hands, and i see how small it is. I run the ID number on the tag of the turbo, and it on google it said it was off a ps13, and was a t25. I searched the id number on this site, again, found that it was a T25. So I got a t25, not a t28. To top it off, my $50 never came either.

He sounded like a nice guy on the phone, but some things just seem shady to me. Everyone knows to get a tracking number on expensive items like these.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=108957

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
OK before you come on here and post one side of a story why don't you communicate first. I got the turbos from a friend of mine that has a shop and did a Silvia SR20DET swap in a 240SX he told me that the turbos were T28's and helped me modify them for use in a FWD application. You knew that I wasn't sure what it was and I told you, that is why I sent you pics for you to see duh!!!!! Now i don't see you mention anywhere in your post that I lost a Turbo because of the USPS (Ship FedEX only guys). If I'm sending something by mail through the USPS how in the hell am i gonna get a tracking #?!?!? Ok fine you received the turbo and you said it was a T25 didn't I tell you to send it back to me and I'll pay you whatever you was asking for the manifold which wasn't even flanged for a wastgate. (I had to pay someone $100 to weld one on there) You said no that's all right. I don't understand if you have a problem with something or someone why not say something, you have my number and I have yours. Thanks a lot for all the negative **** you posted about me Scott and by the way yes I am a nice guy. I told you that I was in Raleigh NC visiting my brother and I had an asthma attack so I was in the hospital what you didn't believe that????(you want me to post a pic of my hospital bill?) Again thanks a lot for being childish and posting negative **** rather that calling me even though I was only 1 phone call away. Also did you ever have any problems reaching my on the phone? Did you ever call and not get me and if you didn't get me didn't I call you back? Does that look like shady behaviour on my part to you???? DId I tell you thanks already for posting?!?!?

·
The Genesis
3,169 Posts
USPS DOES offer tracking numbers..shipping off a turbo is a big enough item for u to pay for shipping AND get a tracking number..trust me. plus, u can visit usps.com and track numbers, **** they offer tracking numbers for small **** too(i just got one in my email for the oil pressure adapter i just ordered)

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
Well i didn't know that and they didn't even have the courtesy to ask me if i wanted a tracking #.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The confirmation that USPS provides for 55 cents allows the shipper to go back and check to confirm that the delivery was made for the package that was shipped so the buyer cant say "I never got it"... You cant actually track the whereabouts while in transit. It also allows the buyer to check the confirmation # the seller provides to make sure the seller actually took it to the post office and shipped the package .... Hope that this clears it up...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The confirmation is the little green and white slip that is filled out by the shipper and has the confirmation # printed on it...

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
I don't understand this dude. You come on this forum and make me seem like some kind of crook and now you don't wanna answer my calls or my PM's as to why you would do such a thing?!?!??!? You need to answer and say something because you are the one that posted negative **** about me in this section and saying that I am shady. Let the people know what's the deal. You need to answer ASAP.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
scrildo said:
I don't understand this dude. You come on this forum and make me seem like some kind of crook and now you don't wanna answer my calls or my PM's as to why you would do such a thing?!?!??!? You need to answer and say something because you are the one that posted negative **** about me in this section and saying that I am shady. Let the people know what's the deal. You need to answer ASAP.

Don't worry about it man. When people come to this section the first thing people do is look at the negative feedback. The first thing they do after that is look for a reply from the accused bad seller. Its obvious that you went about this the right way and he did not. You gave him pics before hand. If you told me you didn't know exactly what the turbo was, I'd ask for numbers off it before making an arrangement. LIke I said, don't sweat it. People will understand.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scrildo said:
Ok. I didnt respond to your pm or phone call because i was in the process of moving a week ago this sunday may 15 2005, and I started a new 8-6 job the next day, and had extra side work on top of that, so number 1. i've been busy as hell. number 2, i had no internet. number 3, i didnt understand your voicemail because of your accent, and didnt have time to call you back.

I didnt say you were a bad seller. I wont take the blame for buying a turbo that was stated to be a t28, and turned out to be a t25. Lets just leave it at that. The 1st one got lost in the mail, because it never came to my place. I never lie, and am not lying on that. The 2nd one came a couple days after you sent it, and like you said, it was in perfect shape. Im happy about that. But i'll take the blame on it being RWD and not being able to use on a FWD application. I should have researched that.

But what would you think if you sent a part worth 300 dollars to trade for a part worth 250 dollars at max, and your part never came? You'd be pissed, which i was. I understand that you lost out on this deal too because one of the turbos got lost (some lucky ups dude is spoolin probably). We both lost in this situation. I lost out money on my end of the trade, but you lost out too because you had to send 2 turbos. But i do appreciate your effort to call and work this out. Unfortunately im selling my car, so Im not worried about this turbo anymore, and wont be able to use it. I apologize if i made you look like a bad seller, there was just things that I didnt understand, and was too busy to look into. I never said anything about not believing you were in the hospital. It was just the fact that i sent alot of pms and called and didnt get no reply for like 5 days. To anyone, they would be skeptical. But that was before you called and said you were in the hospital.

Anyways. But you are a good seller because you sent another turbo after the first was lost. I really appreciate that. I was just upset to find it was a t25, and not a t28.

-Scott

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
I hear you Scott but why when I told you to send me back the turbo and I'll pay you whatever you was asking for the manifold you said no? I was ready willing and able to make this transaction work for you but I guess it didn't matter to you. Anyways I ain't mad at you i was just wondering why you didn't call me so that we could have worked something out. Later dude.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts