SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. OK there is this SE-R thats for sale:

Its a 1992 with 111,000 miles on the car.
Sunroof, and Im not sure about the other options. The guy says the car is clean and is asking $2500 for it.

The only thing is that the car has 5th Gear popout. Hes asking $2500 for it. What would you offer to buy the car if you went to see it and everything else was perfect?

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt pay $2500 for the car PERIOD since its got 5th pop out but im just trying to see what you guys might offer so I can go from there.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know you have probably checked this already but I'm bored:

With these options checked:
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Sliding Sun Roof
Alloy Wheels

And a vehicle condition of "Good" the Kelley blue book value is only $1860 from a private party for your zip code in Raleigh.

And on NADAguides.com which is from a dealership pricing:
Low Retail: 1680
Average Retail: 2455
High Retail: 3005

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I hadnt checked That yet Tomcat, Thank You. I was being lazy and hadnt gone over to the KBB yet.

Just curious but how would you know my Zip?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
He is asking way too much for a stock '92 with 5th gear popout. I would offer him $1500 max, and only if the rest of the car was in perfect condition.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yep try to go as low as you can, i got mine for 92 with all options w/no pop out for 1200 they wanted 1800 but once they see you got the cash in hand they cant refuse.

then again i already put in almost a grand on upgrades :(

·
Registered
989 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
Whats up guys. OK there is this SE-R thats for sale:

Its a 1992 with 111,000 miles on the car.
Sunroof, and Im not sure about the other options. The guy says the car is clean and is asking $2500 for it.

The only thing is that the car has 5th Gear popout. Hes asking $2500 for it. What would you offer to buy the car if you went to see it and everything else was perfect?
Because of the 5th gear popout drops the price of the car, greatly. If the body doesn't have any rust or other mechnical issues, $1900 tops.
My 2 cents worth, good luck.

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
i wouldn't go over 2000. 2500 is tooooo much, though. figure into it, a new tranny will cost you around 250-450, new clutch 100-250 or so, and whatever else you might need...so already you are paying over 3000 for the car, and you will be able to sell it again (though you wouldn't) for about what you paid for it.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Pop out isn't too hard to fix these days but takes time and costs $$. If I were you and the car was near perfect(no rust above all) I wouldn't go a cent over $1700. With a 5th gear pop out and if it has rust I'm sure another will come along for near half of what he is asking.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Guys, I have a dealer license. Don't waste your time on any of the consumer "books" trying to determine value. I have all the dealer "books" that the general public doesn't see and let me tell you, what KBB puts on-line is NOT what they give to us in the industry. (Well those that use Kelly anyway). The most common is NADA Dealer guide, Galves, and BlackBook.

However, even then it's just a book and they can be way off and usually are off. What dealers use more than anything is called a market report. That is a report published that shows what cars actually wholesale and retail for in the real world in your local market. A book is just that...a book, what the market says a car sells for, it sells for.

It gets even worse when you deal with "specialty" cars because value then becomes all relevant. Clean classic SE-R's are getting hard to find.

I think the guy can get $2K for the car and sleep well at night.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yea that would explain why civics have such a high "popularity" tax, specially when i walk to a dealer and see a high milage DX EF for almost 2 grand... ??WTF??

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
go up to him offer `1500 cash in hand if he dont want to then say u got to go get a loan and come back with the other 500 asking never hurt anyone

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
Just curious but how would you know my Zip?
I was really bored and looked up the general zip for Raleigh on the united states postal website.

JayHass said:
The most common is NADA Dealer guide, Galves, and BlackBook.
That is why I put the NADAguides.com up there also which was higher than the Kelley. I have access to that stuff but at home and believe Jay that you would be surprised at some of the stuff! :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
as for I was not even looking for a SER
I was looking for 92-93 obd1 integra, the price range was between
3,000 to 4,500
and the SER fell into my lap at this dealer
sticker price was $2500 so I told them that I was looking for
a car for my GF and it had to be under $2000 since she was going
to crash it anyways and the nissan fitted the description of what she wanted.
I ended up paying $1800..
cause if you pay a lot interest they wont budge.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts