SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/005280.html

Someone started a post poking fun at our 'slow' quarter mile times on SE-R.net and now it's erupted into a flame war. We need re-enforcements!

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
How the hell do you get a name on that stupid site. I signed up and **** and got a user name but I can't post for some reason.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
0 Posts
I can't get to that site anymore. I get that 403 forbidden error crap.....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust
Now equipped with competion racing MOMO floormats!!!$

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
haha seemed pretty chill to me. I don't understand why people get all upset when someone says something they don't like about their car, true or not. whoopdefuckingdoo.

seems like most kids on this board have a huge chip on their shoulder.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I'm cool about it. It's just funny seeing the Si owners get all defensive and crap. Honestly the only SI that has beaten me was a JRSCed one on the highway. I've raced a ton of SI's. An SI in our area had about 9000 in motor work and my friend in his 96 SE-R with header, Stillen intake, 2.5" exhaust, and S4's was even with him everytime they raced.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
0 Posts
**Accidental Post** Sorry!

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 06-05-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
I've been guilty of being a little defensive. But then I grew up.

***97 Black SER***

Sorry to ambush you, but what muffler did you use? I really gotta rid of my Flowmaster and I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out which Dynomax (part number) everyone uses?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Is it really that obvious? How in fact would you presume that given a simple observation? Or are you just running your post count up?

Perhaps you're just having a stressful day. Go yell at some ricers, you'll feel better.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/005280.html

Someone started a post poking fun at our 'slow' quarter mile times on SE-R.net and now it's erupted into a flame war. We need re-enforcements!

</font>
Jordon, the reason why they bash us is because our cars hardly break 14's. Lets face reality, w/o No2 and or Turbo/DET transplant SR20's are not the greatest drag racers. Yeah, we put out more power but we are mostly:
1)not gutted
2)not spraying
3)V-Tec transplants
4)Supercharged
5)All of thee above.
They are light as Mini Coopers, probally putting out better power to weight (and read above).
Now put me against a Integra and it is a different story. I will whoop a V-Tec Integra. I will whoop a 1.8 with 140hp with equal mods.
When SE-R's consistantly run less that 14.8 then we can talk ****. Thats why for years they been talking ****. cause when a 1.6 is running 14's and a 2.0 isn't they can talk ****. I love my NX2000 for all it's worth but I ain't break 14's yet. But then again I should after I finish my suspension set up.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
You forgot another thing. Most SE-R's drag on street tires. I use the Super Turbo muffler, but I wouldn't recommend it. Go with a Vibrant SS muffler. My girlfriend has one on her SE-R and it sounds awesome. If you have the coin and either b13 or b15 get a stromung. Craig Damaschi has one on his car and it sounds great.(non resonated) If you do decide to get the super turbo muffler, GET A RESONATOR!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough. I don't have one but you will want one. The sound isn't *that* bad, but the Vibrant is awesome. It's very deep and sounds sweet. Jay H. had one on his SE-R and liked it.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
You forgot another thing. Most SE-R's drag on street tires. I use the Super Turbo muffler, but I wouldn't recommend it. Go with a Vibrant SS muffler. My girlfriend has one on her SE-R and it sounds awesome. If you have the coin and either b13 or b15 get a stromung. Craig Damaschi has one on his car and it sounds great.(non resonated) If you do decide to get the super turbo muffler, GET A RESONATOR!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough. I don't have one but you will want one. The sound isn't *that* bad, but the Vibrant is awesome. It's very deep and sounds sweet. Jay H. had one on his SE-R and liked it.

</font>
Vibrant SS? Uh-Oh. I don't know the brand name or anything. I'll try to find some info on that. THANKS!

(gotta git rid of the Flowmaster....)

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I personally don't think they were bashing all SE-R's...just the ones posting those times...but just about every Si I have seen run, pulls 16's...so they really can't say too much that is respectable..I don't think bashing is very cool tho...but I have spanked every Si I have personally come across...just my observation...I know there are other Si's out there that can be quick...just like there are SE-R's that are quick.

·
Registered
723 Posts
they are lighter? the stock Si weighs in at an excess of 2600 lbs... the classic SE-R 2467...

both of the weight/hp ratio hover around ~17 flat.

the older hatchback Si's are wayyy lighter.. but then again they only have 125 horsepower...

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny GreenBack:
(gotta git rid of the Flowmaster....)
</font>
Me too...

Settle down guys. I suggest y'all just set up a NorthEast meet or something just to end the trash talking. (That is, if the Si guys decide to show up, hehe.) Sitting around and bickering is lame. We all know that a stock Si vs. the SE-R (the "Classic," at least) is a very close race, and the Si will have an advantage from the end of the quarter mile until 110 mph, when the Si has to shift into fifth gear (at least that's my guess, and Car and Driver seems to agree with the 55 sec 0-120 mph time for the Civic Si)...

The way I always see it: why waste time sitting around arguing when you can be getting something accomplished (or partying) instead?

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pit_Viper:
Me too...
We all know that a stock Si vs. the SE-R (the "Classic," at least) is a very close
</font>
What about vs. the non-classics?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

·
Registered
708 Posts
Just read the posts on ClubSI. Looks like we win, the SI Posts just kinda petered out.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
they are lighter? the stock Si weighs in at an excess of 2600 lbs... the classic SE-R 2467...

both of the weight/hp ratio hover around ~17 flat.

the older hatchback Si's are wayyy lighter.. but then again they only have 125 horsepower...

</font>

Actually 88-91 Si is 108HP. I don't know what those cars do to make power but I have driven some bolt on Si's and they do pull. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Jordon, the reason why they bash us is because our cars hardly break 14's.
-snip
When SE-R's consistantly run less that 14.8 then we can talk ****. Thats why for years they been talking ****. cause when a 1.6 is running 14's and a 2.0 isn't they can talk ****. I love my NX2000 for all it's worth but I ain't break 14's yet. But then again I should after I finish my suspension set up.
</font>
Speak for your own car bud. It's not HARD to get an sr20 car into the 14's. It only took my friend a cold air intake, header, and exhaust to run a 14.8. My car w/ that plus, clutch, flywheel, ecu, pullies has done a best of 14.6.

Besides, the timeslip registry on SE-R.net is OLD and hasn't been updated in years.

------------------

1 - 20 of 47 Posts