SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang:

Is there any interest out there for people to get your headrests embroidered with SE-R? I was thinking of silver or white for the SE- and then red for the R and the R being in a radicle font, maybe a little larger than the SE. I dont know without looking at my headrests how easy it would be to remove, zip or tuck or whatever.

I think digitizing is around $75, that would be a one time fee, no matter how many of us wanted it done. Obviously the more that get in , the lower the price is for us. I am not gonna try to make any money on this, just think it would be one hell of a flare for the interior. Anywho, I have to run the the place today to give them dimensions of the headrests. I am thinking to run both it would be right at $5 each plus we will divide the $75 by how ever many people want it done. Just let me know, or if you ahve any other ideas, shoot em on here!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
if i would want this, i would want to use the same font as the SE-R on the trunk, no crazy type R lookin R, and just keep it all one color, but since i wouldnt do this, my opinion doesnt really matter

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I want it too.

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I already had the SE-R done ready for digitizing that looked dead up like the trunk emblem. I just wasnt for sure if the majority out there wanted something standard or a little off the beaten path. If we get 10 people, including myself, then the setup goes down to $7.50 per person and then a run of 4-5 bucks. Thats at only 10 people though. Ahhh, I will play around with the letters and then post them up here tonight to see peoples impressions.

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
My headrests (b13) have a big hole in the middle. What about a cover, black maybe, that zips to a tight fit over the rests? With the logo in the center?

Just an idea - I'd be interested.

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey stine, not a damn bad idea for you NXers. Can you measure the outside dimensions for me and I will see what they can do. I doubt it would be too hard.

Are they attached or can you remove them like the 200SX and Sentras? Later!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Dude, I drive a Classic. The headrests do detach, but I am not willing to part with them for fear of getting whiplash from my insanely fast car.

I will measure it tomorrow and get some dimensions to you. I think a cover would be sweet, especially if the price was right and it was well-constructed. Black, or a grey that matches the grey in the seats themselves.

BTW I would be most interested in a font that matched the SE-R on the trunklid.

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Registered
174 Posts
If it matched the seat OEM color and was the same SE-R font on the trunk, I would be interested. Could you get the same seat material with the OEM pattern? Now, that would be cool!

**Edited for spelling
------------------
93 SE-R JWT S3 Cams, JWT ECU, JWT Pop-Charger, HS Header,RT Cat, HKS exhaust, Hypercoils, KYB-AGX, ST Sways, N-Tech Brace, Stillen STB, SMC SS.

[This message has been edited by Andrew (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I would be interested also..but I would like to see what they look like first...

------------------

Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,ALT 159's, 205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Autometer tach, Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I will take a look at some classics this weekend and see if a local upholstry shop can acquire the material, then find out pricing, shouldnt be too bad. I have the trunk font already prepared to be digitized so I guess that would be the most sensible route. The more I think about it, the more stock and better it would look than the typical badging of a Civic SI-R Type POS-GTXPQ234!!!

·
1998ccs of fury
5,489 Posts
Sounds interesting. I could give up my headrests for prototyping. I'm definitely all about keeping the SE-R like on the trunk lid (I drive a '91, woohoo!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts