SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have to be excommunicated from the SE-R religion. Now that my '92 classic is dead, I've been considering my options. I have considered rebuilding the motor like the "beast" buildup on se-r.net but I'm also considering just selling it for whatever I can get. Last night I drove a 2003 MX5 Miata. Wow! Definitely has more power than my SE-R (before dead of course). The tach needle just zings toward the redline, he short throw shifter, the snick-snick feel of the transmission, the handling. I loved it. The only thing not to love is that I'm 6' 3" and I don't fit at all w/ the top up and w/ the top down my head sticks above the windshield (think Disney character "Goofy" in his convertible and you've got the basic idea). My SE-R has plenty of headroom, just wondering how much money it would take to get that kind of feel.

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
idk man, im stuckont he b13 so im not a very good person to give my opinion, u should maybe do a turbo setup onur classic, or vvl! give it some new juice, good suspension, amke it feel like its new again, and ull stay with it! :biggthump

·
Registered
162 Posts
Our cars don't Blue Book for very much, especially if you've modded it. It would be more worth your while to keep it around as a "fun" car and get something else that you can drive around. That's what I'll be doing when I get a Mazda3 5-door next year.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Invest in a JDM motor, upgrade the suspension about 1500 dollars total. Can you handle a car note and insurance cost? Its good to have no car note and increase in insurance. Something to think about.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
my mom has a 01 limited edition miata. great handling but the thing is a pig. my stock nx2000 would have walked it. but its a great car none the less. i say look into the new mx-5's the 05s to be exact. them things are the new hotness.

stratton.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
go vvl..agx's with g/c and ull get that auto-x feel and when vvl pops its way better than any other n/a car.plus u already have a shell.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
its still nissan all day, but incase you dont know it pops in the mx-5 also. yes you heard it correct it poppps ! i will acutally be driving one on a track very soon with the big apple miata club that my parents are part off.

stratton.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
i have a stiffy for miatas. tiny, light, old ones are ugly and girly, RWD, amazing handling.................i love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts