SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll on may 3rd, 2005 my heart was broken when some idiot pull's out in front of me after being waved through by another idiot who of course left the scene of the accident.This was a front impact that wasted my fascia,bumper,absorber,grille,headlamps,side markers,fog lamps,hood,ac condenser,trans cooler and the worst of all my spearco fmic.That is the damage that can be seen, who knows what else they will find when it come's apart.It's times like this that i question what the future may hold for me and my se-r,all the time and money i put into this car just to have some a__hole destroy it and my dream's with one idiotic move.I'm sure his insurance company will not pay for my intercooler,so i'll just have to sue him and his insurance company to get my money for another intercooler.Unfortunetly i'm going to miss out on n.e.d import war's this season and that doesn't make me to happy either.Just needed to vent my feeling's,thanks for listening -Chris

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FNSIKSER said:
sorry to hear that man.i bet you wanted to kill someone.good luck.
Thanks fred and yes i still want to! :mad: But unfortunetly that won't solve anything. :(

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't plan on parting anything out yet,it all depend's on what happen's w/the insurance company.

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE-$3,688.57 w/o intercooler-they took 85% liability while sticking me w/15% liability because they say i didn't take the proper evasive maneuver to avoid the accident,so beware insurance company's are trying to share fault with you even though you had nothing to do w/it(except being on the road at that time)

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
Damn man, that sucks I loved the turbo automatic. I would go after the insurance Co. for the extra $$. I know it will be a PTA but, it wasn't your fault therefor your stuff should be replaced.... let me know if I can do anything for ya...

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks midnightxe and shelmoneySER for your support! erick212 it does suck bad never even got to the track to put some run's down,i'm going to talk w/a laywer about this matter w/my car and also my cervical disc injury.I'm not sure if you can do anything for me,but thanx for the offer i do really appreciate it. Chris

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
Ya, I know about the cervical spine, I have 2 crushed disks and get cortizone shot on a regular basis. They want me to go for surgery but, I 'm waiting until I start doing nerve damage(I hate hospitals and doctors). Good luck and let me know if you need anything..

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE-After they started taking things apart they found more damage,waited for the adjuster to come write a new estimate.I now have all the parts needed except the intercooler which i just ordered on tuesday for $700.shipped.The rebuild starts next monday so hopefully i'll be driving her again after about 8 long weeks .-Chris

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
Very good to hear that the car will be up and running again :biggthump . Hope to see you on the mean streets of Bristol, I've been hanging out there more often lately....

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
erick212 said:
Very good to hear that the car will be up and running again :biggthump . Hope to see you on the mean streets of Bristol, I've been hanging out there more often lately....
I'll let you know when i'm back up and running again,maybe we can meet up sometime so i can take a ride in your car.Chris

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is still not done,frame is straightened 27mm suppose to go to paint on monday.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good luck with the car! Sorry to hear about the accident and the jerk who cut you off. I lost my first SE-R like that, know how it feels.

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maxpwr-thank you and sorry to hear about your loss.Car is still not done now the bodyshop is dragging their feet since the manager went on vacation.I just want my car back i miss driving her!

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the day has finally come I HAVE MY CAR BACK!!!!!!! :D Thanks to everyone for your support during this sorry event that i had to go thru for over 2 1/2 month's. :biggthump Now i just have to get my injury to heal and life will be great again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts