SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is how it's going to work. Go see http://www.b15sentra.net/UBB.html . I am integrating with Russ and his forums. What will happen is that each of his individual forums and each of my individual forums will stay intact, but they will be arrainged in the same manner you see on Russ's site. We haven't decided on a format yet, either have an SR20DE section with all my forums, a GA16DE/QG18DE section, a QR25DE section, or divide by model code like B14, B13, P11, etc., so input on that would be appreciated. Currently my vote for the link would be forums.se-r.net. There can also be www.se-r.net/forums, but I like the first choice.

Russ and I will have full admin access. The way it will be done for cost reasons is that the forums will have their own hosting account with a particular username and password that only Russ and I will have. We trust the SE-R.net folks, but at this point we must safeguard our stuff so they will not have access to "steal" our forums away or anything. We will still be under full control. Mods will stay the same. I can probably even integrate both the SR20DE Forum graphic and B15Sentra.net graphic on the site.

Russ is purchasing the webhosting account today I think. The other sections of SE-R.net like the main SE-R.net as well as SERCA's www.se-r.org stuff will go on at least one other hosting account with it's own username and password.

I forgot Eric was part of SE-R.net. Duh.
What were you in charge of again Eric? Classifieds and guestboook?

Also I know many of you were willing to make donations to get a real domain name and get this thing legally registered. Now is that time. I will need to ask the SE-R.net group how they think we should handle donations. I know a lot of you would trust sending the money to my home, but some may not like that. I will talk to them about this. But anything you want to give, $5, $10, more, whatever would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hopefully ya'll will respond favorably. Again at this point it's technically no more than Russ and I going in to get hosting together and joining our forums. No selling out and leaving you, none of that stuff. He and I will have access. SE-R.net is technically in the picture too, but they cannot possibly steal anything from us is anyone is concerned about that. As a matter of fact I'm letting Eric ftp the forums down with his good bandwidth just to make ya'll feel better in case you have doubts they somehow can take this all away or something.

Cool?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
0 Posts
Hey, you tell me what you need, and I'll hook you up($-wise)! I'm sure many of this forum's members will too......

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the mirror thread going on over there:

http://www.b15sentra.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000901.html

Paypal, duh, forgot about that.
If you want to do what Russ said in that link about donations. Make sure you indicate you are from the SR20DE Forum if you donate to him. I need to check my account, but feel free to donate to mine. I think mine is under my [email protected] address, but I haven't used it in a while. Feel free to try though

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Sounds good. Keep us updated.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I think you should keep the current layout on the b15sentra forums and just add a "Turbo" section to accomadate the SR20DE forums. That would make it perfect. Also I think you should get the person who did flash to make a little animated cartoon of the B15sentra.net logo and the SR20DE forums merging. Have it say something like "B15sentra.net forums & SR20DE forums join forces to become. THE ULTIMATE SENTRA/200SX INFORATION SOURCE!" or something along the lines of that with some blinking and some cool visual effects. Anyways enjoy the money.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 03-09-2001).]

T

·
0 Posts
Can I get a new name when the switch happens? I put this name down when I signed up one really late night. Anyway I could switch my name to WhiteSER and retain my ultra high post count?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm I dunno 25chars, I think I can do it relatively easily. Remind me later, got lotz of crap to do

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
. THE ULTIMATE SENTRA/200SX INFORATION SOURCE!"

</font>
Why do we always get forgotten?

------------------
Kris94G20™

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 03-10-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
I think that it should be broken down by chassis type - B15, B14, B13... - and then broken down further as post level/traffic suggests - General, Technical, Mods...

No offense, but I'd rather not be scrolling through messages about older SE-R's. Therefore, it would be a waste of bandwith to send messages I won't read. It also provides a simple, efficient way of managing forum traffic, and provides a clear, understandable expansion plan for new models, added visitor traffic, etc.

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Y2K SE:

No offense, but I'd rather not be scrolling through messages about older SE-R's.
</font>
I myself, like to read post from other sections of the forum. It gives me info on different types of cars out there.

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
I myself, like to read post from other sections of the forum. It gives me info on different types of cars out there.

</font>
The other sections are always cool, and I agree its always good to read up on other models. Its just that I don't make it a habit to read those posts everytime I visit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The entire forum has been backed up, along with Ben's stuff. You really shouldn't put THOSE pictures on your page Ben, I might have to post them. *wink* Its cool that we are joining, but I liked the fact that this place was 99% SR20DE people. I mean I get tired of seeing posts from B12 owners asking how to get power out of their GA16i motors, or all the riceboys over there. You can really tell the agge groups there and here(not that it means much any more). I can only take so many messages abut these"killer" Sentra E models "ruling" the streets. Give me a break. I would rather pay more and keep them seperate. I like our small crowd. We all feel like *sniff* family *sniff*

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 03-10-2001).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I agree, I think it should be by chassis code first and then divided up into more specific categories. I find that there are too many forums on B15sentra.net though. Maybe narrow down some of them like the modifications audio forums, stuff like that.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (to be installed after I return from Canada)

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
Why do we always get forgotten?

</font>
Im really sorry bro! I wasn't thinking

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cool beans...

I really don't like the forum layout over there. I agree that it should start as chassis sections B13 B14 B15 and then go from their. Too many forums make it not much fun and you lose a lot of quality info because I don't really feel like surfing 18,000 different forums. Someone in X forum may have something to say that helps me out but I will never see it because there are too many forums to sift through.

Check out this layout here.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/ju/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

I like the way it's layed out. It's super easy to use, and yet you still get interaction from each of the forums.

G

·
0 Posts
I am with Eric on this one! I like it the way it is and would rather spend the extra money to keep it like that. If we were to add any other forums I would say it could be local forums like NE and whatnot. But not nessarry cus we can organize things throught the events forum.

------------------
MarC
http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/Publish/
AIM SER96MarC

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I really dont know what to think about all of this. I have been over to b15 site a few times only to see bunch of crap posts. The ammount of sr20de powered car owners over there is really small. I hate to dog on peoples cars because of them doing things to what they have, but its really a different bunch over there. I really wish we had more traffic tho. I like the family feel but its sad when clubsi has more se-r posters than we do. Like Rob, Zak, Mike, and others, they post over there, think I have seen Rob here like 3 times. It would be nice to actualy have some traffic here. It has increased tho, I remember for the first 6 months or so it was just me ben brian and mike g posting all the stuff. I dont know about putting the site on se-r.net. But if we do go to se-r.net it will have to include all the model lines for the sr20de and new 25 engine. With the ammount of no sr20 drivers at b15sentra.net I feel that its not really se-r material. Yea most the stuff is platform able but its se-r.net not sentra.net. Just this board couldnt move without some modifactions to se-r.net. We would have to make it for all the models which it sorta already is. I remember first coming here. And me ben and brian started up stuff. I am a big UBB person and admin a board with 1000+ members so I really liked this place. But it seems now a few are wanting a se-r.net board just for the novality of having one. It was nice that they asked ben if he wanted to move it instead of just starting up one on their own. But this was after they snubbed us 6 months to a year ago when we asked if they could link to us. They said they felt the list was enough. Now that they all post on clubsi they finaly see that its somewhat better for quick easy answers. Both have their place tho. I would love to see us have a couple hundred active members and a total membership of over 500. I told ben a year ago I would help pay for this site, I think I might be able to do that now that Im a little more financialy stable, not really but I can spare a few bucks. its probaly inveabtle that we join everyone and move on to something else tho.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.