SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
about the same time they update the damn site...they suck. they never do anything worth a damn on that sight..come on!

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
hey now.. be nice. that's an awesome site.

i personally think they should have a cgi script for the classifieds, so it could be updated in real time, but the site as a whole is a very rare (as in good) resource on the 'net. you should know that.

G

·
0 Posts
they never, never, NEVER update the damn thing. and there is hardly any info about the nx2000. and everytime i try to put my car in the owners registry...it is down..everytime i try to search the site...it is down...this is been like two years..WTF?!?!?

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Keep in mind that se-r.net is not cnn.com -- the people who work on se-r.net don't do that for a living, therefore they have to juggle updating pages and whatnot with living their daily lives -- family, work that pays $$$, etc., etc.

If you want to whine about se-r.net not being updated, why don't you volunteer to be an editor?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm going to second what Pat said. He was the classifieds editor for awhile, and I'm the events and wounded editor now. Without input for other SE-R owners, the site can not continue. If you have something to contribute, please send it in. If you need to, e-mail it to me and I can direct it to where it needs to go. As for the owners registry, when se-r.net moved servers, the programing needed for the registry, woouldn't work with the OS the server is running. A solution to this is being worked on. I know it has been a long time, but again, as Pat said, I'm not getting paid for this. Please don't take this as a rant,I'm just trying to explain what is going on behind the scenes.

Eric Waterman
se-r.net editor

G

·
0 Posts
i'll be happy to help in any way necessary. i am not trying to say the site sucks per se, i am just saying that it needs a revamp and more attention paid to keeping it up.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I think Sr20det forgot that you can't say anything bad about SE-R.net or the mailing list, because the same 10 people always jump on your back and repeat the same things they say to everyone.

I especially love the "this list is not a democracy" line or the "why don't you volunteer to be an editor then"

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
348 Posts
Some People are just FULL OF ****!!, they don't understand the time and energy that goes into maintaining and updating a web site, that why people get paid "bank" to do It, Why don't you lazy ****s get off yor ass and build your own site and or stop bitching, I have some sites and its not EZ it takes a lot of time, so one day go to something like www.webmonkey.com and learn to build your own site, so some dipshit can rag on you for not updating your site everyday just for his needs..

G

·
0 Posts
Oh, boy. Here we go again. Don the flak jackets, here comes another airstrike of flames...

I may as well fan them with this: Why is it that the average attitude and temper on most posters on this forum are so poor and short? I've read hundreds of messages as a lurker on both the TDI Forum (www.tdiclub.com) and Impreza RS Forum (www.impreza-rs.com), and none of the bickering, name calling, swears, or general studipity that is on much of this forum are *ever* present there.

Many people post useful, interesting messages on this forum, but so much of it (like what this thread has degraded to) is such drivel, and it's only here. Is this a Honduh forum or something?

Sure, the SR20 is a great motor (especially installed the Classic, like my '93), but it's no wonder sites like this aren't more active. Most people don't want to sift through hundreds of crap idiotic flame messages from swearing hotheads that should keep it between each other offline.

/rant

LB
www.trancelab.com

·
Registered
466 Posts
*turning on my wind machine*

The first few posts were very civial. Someone mentioned that the site should be updated. Pat and I posted that there is no site without input from others. Jordan then came in ranting and waving arms about the whole thing. If you first post seemed harsh, I'm sorry. Taht was not the intent of it. The second one, no apologies here. The average temper is not one of hostilities. I think there are more of those on the main list. Again, my original intent was not to belittle anyone, just to inform everyone, that input is needed for se-r.net to continue. Before I was an editor, I too got mad that nothing changed for weeks at a time. So please before you get mad that the site has not been updated, see if you have any info to add to it.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
*turning on my wind machine*

The first few posts were very civial. Someone mentioned that the site should be updated. Pat and I posted that there is no site without input from others. Jordan then came in ranting and waving arms about the whole thing. If you first post seemed harsh, I'm sorry. Taht was not the intent of it. The second one, no apologies here. The average temper is not one of hostilities. I think there are more of those on the main list. Again, my original intent was not to belittle anyone, just to inform everyone, that input is needed for se-r.net to continue.
</font>
What he said.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey sorry I went off, but it seems I'm always reading about how Se-r.net did'nt do this or that but yet everyone uses it as a resource, I just think before people start bitching they should think about what goes into the site and its all free...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
When you averaged working 1-2 hours a day for 2-3 years for FREE on a website, you would get a little pissed when somebody claims the web site never gets updated. Why don't YOU try it you whiny little ****, then try to make your smart-ass comments?</font>
Oh man, LOL....this one is just classic. I have a inner ear infection and haven't left the house since Tuesday but I must say after reading that I feel better.

BTW, I never said anything about SE-R.net, i love the site. I was just making a comment about the VERY predictable attack on SR20det. You are too funny. LOL.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
Ok Jordan, that pisses me off. </font>

Well if you get pissed off it's entirely your own fault. My post was completely innocent with a slight edge of humor. I think it's hysterical how some of you act. Oh yeah, and don't get me started on that moron Besterwich.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LordBass:
I may as well fan them with this: Why is it that the average attitude and temper on most posters on this forum are so poor and short? I've read hundreds of messages as a lurker on both the TDI Forum (www.tdiclub.com) and Impreza RS Forum (www.impreza-rs.com), and none of the bickering, name calling, swears, or general studipity that is on much of this forum are *ever* present there.
</font>

Yeah, I think its pretty funny. slowSER calls me a "whiny little ****" - moreso just caus he's knows I'm right on how badly this community is filled with bandwagon jumpers, it's insane. One of the main reasons I got off the list. Looks like this board is becoming too much like that now. Sucks.

G

·
0 Posts
i was not looking to push any buttons or anything. what i am saying is that i see a problem (the site needs work) and a possible partial solution (i could volunteer to help)
if you don't want help, then just say so. and i'll continue to bitch. i'm a change-things type of guy. sorry.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
I think Sr20det forgot that you can't say anything bad about SE-R.net or the mailing list, because the same 10 people always jump on your back and repeat the same things they say to everyone.

I especially love the "this list is not a democracy" line or the "why don't you volunteer to be an editor then"

</font>
When you averaged working 1-2 hours a day for 2-3 years for FREE on a website, you would get a little pissed when somebody claims the web site never gets updated. Why don't YOU try it you whiny little ****, then try to make your smart-ass comments?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts