Below is a three inch exhaust tip...no rice here

Front True Choice coilover with Stillen camber plates

Rear True Choice Coilover

Engine Bay

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi
Slow" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi
Slow</A> 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Naji going on what you said yesterday in the email. Talking about lightening the car for the track, why haven't you pulled the A/C off the car. I know that's a big old weight savings. Eric pulled it off his classic, the bracket was like 10lbs, the whole system probaly around 30lbs I would guess. Its a honkin piece. Then the Cruise Control, if its a track car why leave it on. Then pull the fog lights, smaller battery, stuff like that. Oh what about changing out that 'nose' and putting either some home made mesh or a 98SE's honeycomb up front. I'd bet that 98 se-r nose doesn't flow air to the radiator as well as something a little more open. Just some ideas

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I believe Naji has the motorsports radiator, so not needed, and pull off your a/c, you live in so cal. no hotter than 85 or so right? we see days of 110 sometimes, and feels good when it is 95 outside.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well he says he is making it a track car. If Im going to go that far as saying a track car...I'll go all the way
. Kinda like Calum was looking for 600 springs for the back of his CRX, now thats stiff for a CRX. But if its going to be put on the street, then there is a difference. Hes removing all kinds of stuff for lightening so why not go all the way.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Where did you get your exhaust tip? That is what I am looking for and I can't find anyplace on line that sells non-ricey ones. Was it a local speed shop or what?</font>
It is a Sebring Exhaust tip. It is part of the cutom made cat-back. It is 3-inch resonated tip. I have whole write-up about my exhaust on my web site http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It is a Sebring Exhaust tip. It is part of the cutom made cat-back. It is 3-inch resonated tip. I have whole write-up about my exhaust on my web site http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/
</font>
Yes, I know. Where can I buy one? I've been searching for months on-line. i haven't resorted to going to any local domestic speed shops yet.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Naji going on what you said yesterday in the email. Talking about lightening the car for the track, why haven't you pulled the A/C off the car. I know that's a big old weight savings. Eric pulled it off his classic, the bracket was like 10lbs, the whole system probaly around 30lbs I would guess. Its a honkin piece. Then the Cruise Control, if its a track car why leave it on. Then pull the fog lights, smaller battery, stuff like that. Oh what about changing out that 'nose' and putting either some home made mesh or a 98SE's honeycomb up front. I'd bet that 98 se-r nose doesn't flow air to the radiator as well as something a little more open. Just some ideas
</font>
Ok here are the answers. when I start trailering the car to the track, then I will remove the AC and the CC. I might even remove the power steering pump. Rigth now I am still driving the car on the streets, so I need those creature comforts. Put it this way, it is a track car in progress. I do have a NISMO radiator. But I did not install it yet. It will be installed soon. I also want to install the Nu-Tech lower stress bar. I will get it next month.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:
wtf! spend that kinda $$$ on a suspension system and gotta use zip ties? screw that!!
</font>
Relax. The zip ties are my invention. They are intended to tie two 3/4 inch polyurethane bushings together. I could not find a 1.5 inch long bushing. So I had to resort to this trick. It works. I can even tigthen the zip ties more as the bushings compress over time. I grooved the bushings for the purpose.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:
wtf! spend that kinda $$$ on a suspension system and gotta use zip ties? screw that!!
</font>
You'd be surprised at how much racer (duct) tape, zip ties and safety wire is in a race car!! I lost track of how much is in mine!!

------------------

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paradyme:
Hey Naji,

How does that G20t ride with the AGX/stock spring combo.

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO
</font>
It is ok. It is not great. It is a bit bouncy on the choppy cement breaks on the freeway. I think you need stiffer springs than the g20t ones to go along with the AGXs. But overall it is acceptable.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Yes, I know. Where can I buy one? I've been searching for months on-line. i haven't resorted to going to any local domestic speed shops yet.</font>
Call Mike's Muffler (626) 443-5139. Talk to Mike. Tell him that you want a Sebring 3 inch all stainless steel resonated tip. Make sure that you mention ALL STAINLESS STEEL, that is inside and outside. Also mention the RESONATED part. See if he will ship you one. He does not take credit cards. So you have to make an arrangement. Or ask him if he will put you in touch with the distributor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts