SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think when you get in your SE-R that you are driving something exclusive?? Like you are driving a rare car that you feel special to own..? I know I do. I know these are not 20k cars, or new for that much but they feel special for some reason. I am mainly talking about the classics but all sr20 cars are phat. Maybe it's just me?

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
I feel the same way when I drive mine..
Sometimes I feel like I should have a sticker on the back that says, SR20DE inside
You Better Reconize. It is a semi Rare car.

------------------
91 Classic running 9.6's in 1/8 W/ Header& PR CAI

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hell yeah, I feel like I'm driving something rare and special.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

M

·
0 Posts
I know I feel special...when I look at my speedo and see that my 91 Classic still says 16,597 I get a warm fuzzy feeling

Brian Chang

------------------
Enjoying The Ride

·
Registered
756 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr Clean:
I know I feel special...when I look at my speedo and see that my 91 Classic still says 16,597 I get a warm fuzzy feeling

Brian Chang

</font>
Damn, thats a lot of miles for your odometer to roll over like that.

G

·
0 Posts
I see G20's everywhere often driven by white haired people. Little more luxo with nicer badge.

I know my classic is cherry but the mainstream gives no respect at all so don't expect to impress. The best is to get a passenger who knows nothing about the car and rev it high with some hard shifts..Then they realize.

·
Registered
450 Posts
ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't want EVERYONE to know.

They will give up their Civics!

Keep the "sleeper" a secret Then, STOMP THEM! (Walk softly and carry a big stick!) They will figure it out.

We know what we have! Remember the Clark Kent/Superman comparison in Car & Driver?

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
I have seen two other classics here in Cincinnati, one automatic; one white NX w/custom rims, and one dark blue NX that looks stock. That's it, tho, except for the occaisonal 200SX

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
POP Charger, STB, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
The best is to get a passenger who knows nothing about the car and rev it high with some hard shifts..Then they realize. </font>
HA HA!! Hell yeah!! I gave one of my friends friend a ride home last week and on thre way there this Accord cut me off so I dropped it in 2nd and took off like a bat out of hell and he was like "what the helll you got done to this thing? I didnt know it was like that!!" HA HA!! What a great feeling!!

------------------
-

·
Registered
125 Posts
I find myself swiveling my not-too-flexible neck around whenever I'm out, whether in the 200, my Miata or even the Tiger, when I see a Sentra or 200SX -- looking for the telltale SE-R emblem or 5-spoke wheels. Once in a while I'm rewarded.

Not too many NX's or G20's, though.

Yeah, special; not only not common, but most folks -- even many car enthusiasts -- don't even know what an SR20DE is.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tigermiata:

Yeah, special; not only not common, but most folks -- even many car enthusiasts -- don't even know what an SR20DE is.
</font>
I had some riceboy joke accord wagon driver walk past my car at an autocross and say to his buddy "Nice cars but the owners never know anything about the engine". My brother had to hold me in the car I was so mad. I guess not everyone reads super street like they do.
It was so right that I beat him by over 6 seconds.

G

·
0 Posts
It's neat when you see a fellow sr20 in a parking lot and they want to talk to you. In 8 months it happened twice at a gas station and a music store. I met a classic driver who is really old (retired), glass pack exhaust, with hawaii plates. Cool guy, hope to be like him when I'm 65yrs old.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
91-94 Nissan Sentra's are a dime a dozen here in south Florida, but a SE-R is a little rare. Especially one in good condition. Here in south Florida there are a **** load of civics and integras
so a classic Se-r sticks out like a MOFO! Lately I have been noticing alot of Classic Se-r's comming out from underneath the rocks. It awesome.! I love my classic and I always feel happy and proud when I am driving it

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
It's neat when you see a fellow sr20 in a parking lot and they want to talk to you. In 8 months it happened twice at a gas station and a music store. I met a classic driver who is really old (retired), glass pack exhaust, with hawaii plates. Cool guy, hope to be like him when I'm 65yrs old.
</font>
Im still going to be racing when I get old. Its in my blood!! I dont care what I look like. I'll beat a fool in my motorized scooter with my light weight battery. I love sportcompacts. ITS ME!! I cant see myself in a huge f-body or truck or anything. What I like about the SE-R is that I know I have a certain model that kicks ass. And when I drive around I hold my head up high and ride out.

------------------
-

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SE-Rican:
Classic Se-r's comming out from underneath the rocks.</font>
Mine is back under a rock, and in tallahassee, i miss being home damn it!!

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
Registered
883 Posts
Also, it is extremely rare, to ever see a riced out G20
I think i have seen one ricy G20. But now the SE-R's, oh boy. I just saw a 200sx today with blue seran rap on his headlights.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts