SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i need rotors for my classic. stock calipers, and NOPI is only has 1 rotor until the 15th at the earliest. i need rotors by the 14th as that is the first points event in my SCCA region.

Quality wants like $60-sumthin for 'em
Baker Imported Auto wants $40sumthin (local parts store)
NAPA has some off brand for like $20sumting...

where else to get these by next weekend?

brian

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
dude pick up the napa rotors, i guarantee you wont tell a difference in their rotors, plus they are able to get parts from their warehouses quick.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you used them?

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Front or rear BigB? I am getting ready to slap some el cheapo rotors on my rear along with even cheaper pads.

Unless you are doing track events I wouldn't hesitate to put some cheap rotors on the front and if you are doing some track events cheap rotors on the rear isn't a big deal.

:)LOL:) my pinky Finger is almost bigger than the rear pads on our cars.

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
BigB said:
have you used them?
our family-owned service gas station used to only use NAPA parts, we had very little probs with them.

i have used napa rotors on countless occasions, cant tell a difference from stock. although i just had some ad22vf rotors from Raybestos and werent the napa ones.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i gotta do fronts. after looking at them this weekend i discovered that the DR side caliper needs rebuilding. the boot around the piston is torn and the caliper groans/creaks when pressed...:(

wondering if i should wait a week or so and just do it all at once...

·
Registered
43 Posts
BigB said:
i gotta do fronts. after looking at them this weekend i discovered that the DR side caliper needs rebuilding. the boot around the piston is torn and the caliper groans/creaks when pressed...:(

wondering if i should wait a week or so and just do it all at once...

Brian - I think you should change the rotors and rebuild the caliper all at once. As far a rotors go, if you plan on doing any sort of track events with any sort of track pad, you might as well consider rotors a consumable. Paying for shipping doesn't make sense when you can go to Autozone/NAPA etc. and pick them up. Unless of course you can get a great deal that offsets the cost of shipping.

Sean

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slosean said:
Brian - I think you should change the rotors and rebuild the caliper all at once. As far a rotors go, if you plan on doing any sort of track events with any sort of track pad, you might as well consider rotors a consumable. Paying for shipping doesn't make sense when you can go to Autozone/NAPA etc. and pick them up. Unless of course you can get a great deal that offsets the cost of shipping.

Sean
hey sean. did you get he header re-bolted? i completely forgot... sorry.

yeah, i think will just wait until after the 16th and just do it all at once. for the points event on the 14th i am just drive the car as is. i am then gonna do rotors, pads, and control arm bushings all at once... whee!

:edit:
oh yeah and tires... i am gonna just buy Khumo MXs for the rotas and wait for my big summer bonus and get the ATS Comp Lites/Azenis then...

·
Registered
43 Posts
BigB said:
hey sean. did you get he header re-bolted? i completely forgot... sorry.

yeah, i think will just wait until after the 16th and just do it all at once. for the points event on the 14th i am just drive the car as is. i am then gonna do rotors, pads, and control arm bushings all at once... whee!

:edit:
oh yeah and tires... i am gonna just buy Khumo MXs for the rotas and wait for my big summer bonus and get the ATS Comp Lites/Azenis then...

I plan on fixing the header this weekend. It should be an easy fix. I figured after, what, 6 practice starts plus 12 actual starts for each of us at the ProSolo I might want to rotate the tires too. I'm curious to know how the MXs work out for you. I think I'm going to give them a try after the Azenis wear out.

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts