SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well iv been checking with the dealership every week and they finally said they can order me a shift knob from the new se-r. I really hope it fits though, lots of people said they had to destroy the old shift knob to get it off. I think ill order it tommorow.

·
Old
744 Posts
How much?:confused:

·
SERCA-SoCal
801 Posts
$36 something! wow! very cheap:eek:

to remove the old shiftknob without damaging , i wrapped it with a towel and used a vise grip to turn it.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
I just used my vice grip of a hand... : )

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
that's tight! i may have to get one. :D

hey ryan, you coming up on saturday? ohh.. wait.. you got a bum motor and transmission don't you? i know rick wanted to come, but he may have plans. ben prusia may show up with his new '02 spec v. we are meeting up at the turtle wax on santa fe in olathe (out by the wal-mart) at 7pm because that's when i get off work (i work there).

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Shift knobs are a pain to get off. When I did my short shifter, i had to wait until the shift lever was out of the car, wrapped it in lots of towels, backed another car -onto- the shift knob, and used one of those massive screwdrivers in the pivot of the lever to break the glue. Crazy.

·
Old
744 Posts
$36?!?! And I was just forceed to buy a ricey one at pep boys tonight for $20! Someone call and check on this price please!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
NonSER said:

You must have some hand :p
I am going to study to be a massesue...gotta have strong hands for that...plus, I'm left handed...need I say more?;) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts